First Hunt of 2015 - Finally!

DiggingSteven

Hey Forum Friends!

After a long, long winter I finally got a chance to do some detecting up here in the great white north. There is still a lot of snow around and most areas I can only get down an inch or so. I first went to a hill that I pulled $42 off of my last day of hunting last year. The ground was still really frozen and there was barely any grass exposed. After 3 hours I decided to call it quits there with $5.55, some pennies, a steel and graphite ring (retails for $78) and some fobs. Time to move on.
1.jpg

I went to the park that I found the wedding band that I used when I got married last year - because that park (for obvious reason) has a soft spot in my heart. The ground, however, was not soft. Spent an hour there. Found $7.80. No jewelery - even junk. Great park, but too hard. Shouldn't have to use a Lesche as an ice pick
2.jpg

Still had plenty of light so I thought I would try out a high school near by - I have a determination to dig every... single... pulltab. I must have over a hundred by now with each hacked out of the ice. Spent half an hour at the high school. The center of the field was a large, seagull filled lake of thawed snow. I could only hunt the very edges of the field and, after half an hour and $6.55. I called it quits there.
3.jpg

Final park - across the street from the high school. There was still a lot of snow cover everywhere. I could only hunt in some small spots and circle around and around and around in those little spots. After 30 minutes - things started to get weird when the parking lot for the park filled with about 10 cop cars. I don't think they were there for me. But I was the only guy in the park (wearing camo pants with a large sheathed digging tool). So I quickly left before anything went down. $5.25 after half an hour.
4.jpg

Total haul after 5 hours $25.15. Not bad...next time - GOLD!

HA! Great story! Too bad you're not thawed out yet, but at least you got out. Great finds and a lot of potential once you can dig deeper than an inch! Not too shaby of a ring either! Congrats

Back
Top Bottom