Keys

tightlines

Some of the keys i have found in the last few weeks.

Attachments

• keys.jpg
    keys.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 107
Nice keys. I don't know what it is about keys, but I pretty much find them on any hunt anywhere.

Neat keys. They sure do turn up anywhere. I have put my more interesting shaped ones on a display board. Steve in so az

I think these are keys used in industrial fuse boxes and other electrical housings. At least they look pretty similar to the ones in use today.

Voriax

What kind of area are you finding these in? Residential, park, old businesses?
I've seen similar, but don't recall where.

justapeon said:
What kind of area are you finding these in? Residential, park, old businesses?
I've seen similar, but don't recall where.
Hi. they are all found on farm land.

Voriax said:
I think these are keys used in industrial fuse boxes and other electrical housings. At least they look pretty similar to the ones in use today.

Voriax
Hi. these keys are made of brass and go back as far as the 16th century up unto today,these keys are for opening casks ie beer, wine and port, and come in all shapes and sizes.

Interesting, perhaps the key shape has been maintained but the use is changed.. For example the bottom left key is practically identical to the fuse box keys, and others do not differ very much.

Voriax

Nice keys. Radiator etc keys dont normally have a "ward" to them as some of yours do.

What sort of size are they? Could they be for old padlock/ cuffs/ etc.

Theres plenty of key sites on the web and Im sure you could a match.

Good Luck Chop

Thanks for the info tightlines. Sounds like you've done ur homework and they possess a good deal of history.

Back
Top Bottom