Let's see some of your keys...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Started a thread about tokens, now let's do keys!
I know you guys have some cool ones, so show them off here.

HH

Attachments

• keys.jpg
    keys.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 521
  • key.jpg
    key.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 541
Interesting thread and I bet alot of cool keys will show up. I have dug many over the years but never keep any of them, always looked at them as junk I guess.

I have dug many over the years but never keep any of them, always looked at them as junk I guess.

Since I only have been at this a few months, even the junk targets have some meaning, so I keep them all.

Something learned, a hole dug, effort expended, wasted or not.

I know I am going to make some kind of display with all this stuff, eventually.

An old Ford key,no idea how old,but cool.!:yes:

Attachments

• 102408fordkey1.JPG
    102408fordkey1.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 491
  • 102408fordkey2.JPG
    102408fordkey2.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 479
Have only found one key really, I have found others but they were new. Not like this sweet old key. But anyways here it is.

key.jpg

I think I have about 50 more to add to this pile I scanned last year.

Attachments

• Keys Galore.jpg
    Keys Galore.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 457
Found one skeleton key friday and the other on saturday..what are the odds.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 455
To Encrusted Yen

You win with the most Key's...WOW thats alot. I'll bet if they asked for pic's oF pulled tabs, we would all faint at your collection.

Since I only have been at this a few months, even the junk targets have some meaning, so I keep them all.

Something learned, a hole dug, effort expended, wasted or not.

I know I am going to make some kind of display with all this stuff, eventually.
After thinking it over I now wish that I would of kept some of the keys I have found. Each key has history to it, I just never gave it any thought until your thread. Thanks for starting the thread, I am really enjoying seeing the keys that you all have found.

Here is what I thought was an interesting find. I don't believe they had it very long before they lost it.
Key2.gif
I was hunting with a friend one day when he dug up a seated dime. I got some deep readings about ten feet away. It turned out to be twenty seven keys scattered in an area about three feet square. Another time I found a large key ring with lots of keys that I feel must have belonged to a park employee because it had locker numbers stamped on some of them. It had one of those tags where if found a store would return them. I took it to the store and the clerk looked at them and dumped them in the bottom of a drawer. I doubt if they ever took the time to return them.

so far this is my best one

I have only found a few but this my best. Cool design on it. I would like to find some of those skeleton keys .

Attachments

• key.JPG
    key.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 377
Cool, heres one I can get in on.. :D

Just bought a new MXT about 10 days ago and started right off that day finding cool stuff, and a couple keys were among that cool stuff so here we go with my 1st pic post...

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom