• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Thought I had one...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
With the recent threads about how far you would travel or walk to get to a hunt site, I decided to get the mountain bike out and explore one of the larger local patches of woods. It was 40 degrees out and sunny, perfect weather for such activity this time of year. Grab the backpack, sling the detector across the handlebars and go...Anyhow, when they built I-95 through town in the late 50's, you have to figure the workers hung out somewhere nearby on lunch break at least once or twice...relax somewhere and knock back a few beers, right? There's plenty of patches of woods to hang out in next to the miles of highway, and the bike will get you there:thinking::research:...There's also current/recent party spots, one of which I came across...that gave up clad and this faker that had me dancing like a fool for nothing, once I wiped it clean and was able to read the inside...
IMG_0638.jpg
[/IMG] I'm not Captain Gold today, obviously:laughing:...I kept it moving, and came across a likely spot I recognized from my research. An hour of hunting the immediate area got me these keepers...
IMG_0639-1.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0640.jpg
[/IMG] Seems my theory could be right by the dates and wear on the coins, and the trash metal and glass found with. I have a bunch of areas to continue the search in, and this is the time of year to do it! Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Not too shabby Capt.!
You never cease giving up good location ideas!!! Someone else mentioned old railroads and the fact that workers had to either camp, or break for lunch somewhere. Have you tried this?

The railroad is sketchy, it's still active, and with all the Homeland Security issues these days, no way am I hunting near it. Bad enough I had to cross the tracks last week on a woods hunt to get to the location...

That would get my heart racing at first. It's still a nice looking ring. Congrats on the silver quarter and other oldies.

Congrats on the silver, and I would still be happy with that ring, would look good in the display case

Nice quarter find, sorry on the gold. I have had a couple like that and it really cheeses me off when I get home and really look at it and realize its junk....

Greg

Back
Top Bottom