*UPDATE*Lost wedding ring for a Funeral

Capt. Morgan

Elite Member
This will be my first recovery story, and hopefully a successful one.
The small community I am a part of had a tragedy earlier this week. A mother of 4 was killed in a car accident. I was contacted by a mutual friend who knew I had a metal detector because this lady had lost her wedding ring in her yard a couple weeks earlier. The family would like it found so it can be on her for the funeral. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have pics to post of the ring. Wish me luck guys, I would hate to not be able to find it for them. I have enlisted a couple fellow metal detectorists to help with the recovery. We will be using an Etac and Atpro, so any tips would be helpful.
Thanks!

***UPDATE***
2 rings recovered, no photo though. Babysitter was there, so we gave her the rings and moved on. I guess these rings weren't "lost" as much as they were thrown off the front porch in a fit of rage. Sad story. Don't stay angry with your loved ones...you never know what the next day will bring. We also had to tell them that the "white gold" wedding band was actually silver...

If it was lost recently
it shouldn't be much deeper than a 1/2 inch, or right on the surface?
signals would be quite strong. best of luck.

2 rings recovered, no photo though. Babysitter was there, so we gave her the rings and moved on. I guess these rings weren't "lost" as much as they were thrown off the front porch in a fit of rage. Sad story. Don't stay angry with your loved ones...you never know what the next day will bring. We also had to tell them that the "white gold" wedding band was actually silver...

Congrats on the successful ring recovery. I'm sure it meant a lot to the family
no matter what it was made of. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom