Macro Tips

devros

Elite Member
I think something like this might have been discussed before, but if not here is my version.

I have been using half of a clear marble that I found on my lens of my camera. It has worked wonders. I can't believe how well it works. So here is my little lesson for improving your macro shots.

First step is of course find half of a clear marble or similar. Then using small bits of tape, secure it to your lens. Then after that it's all down hill from there.

half_marble.jpg

With my camera I can still zoom in and out with the marble attached. Here is one photo that I took to show you how close I can get with this process, I can still get closer but getting that close is like using a microscope.

coin_lettering.jpg

The photo is of a quarter and the lettering on the back of it. I think that it's not a bad photo at all. Like I said I can get closer and more focused but it's just a photo for demo purposes to show you how well this method works.

Good close up shot. Is it really half a marble or some kind of a magnifying glass? Never saw a broken marble that I would want to put against my camera lens.

I say marble, but I'm sure it's not, sorry about that mislead there. It's half of a clear glass something, all I know about it is that it does the job. I have seen these type of things at the craft stores, I'm not sure what they use them for but I think that you could find what you are looking for there. Again sorry about the mis-label. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom