Broke into the 1800's Today

Call Me V

So I had one more free day before I start six straight days of work. K and I went back to her grandmother's house. We'd hit the front and side yard but today was to get the back yard. What a great day for me. I pulled up 8 wheaties, a 1935 Buffalo, and an 1899 Canadian dime. It's my oldest coin to date and into the 1800's by 1 year.

I always ponder the life of the old coins I had. Who had them? How did they get lost? What was the weather like that day? What were they dealing with?

It was a good couple of days for me, despite the fact that I'm sunburned on the back of my neck :)

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 207
When I clicked this thread my thought was "broke into the 1800s means she got an 1899"...you didn't disappoint! :lol:

I love the thought of the coin's story too, it's more of a "personal" item to me; which is what I love finding. To think how much something like a large cent was worth back in the early 1800s and then to find 6 or so of them in a spot makes me wonder how bad that hurt someone.

Congrats on the finds out there!

Nice job, V! I’d love to get my coil over some old Canadian silver! I’m a little surprised I don’t see more shiny Canadian coins in my area, but so far just pennies for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Canadian Large Cent and old half-penny, but nothing beats the bragging rights of old silver ;)

Buff are an elusive find for me also for some reason, but I sure love seeing them pop up! Nice hunt!

Back
Top Bottom