From 15 feet away on the totyard, it looked like a new cellphone!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT was out early this morning....before dawn...and back on his way to the previously hunted park...when He arrived, no one was there so set up and began to work His way over towards a swing set and slide that are in the grass separate from the totyard sandlot. Picked up a dark stained dime and some mems around that equipment and then went over to the totlot to hunt some open space that was not searched earlier in the week. As I approached the horizontal ladder, on top of the sand is what appears at first to be a newer cellphone....but when KT picks it up He realizes nope, its some kind of toy controller...the back shows the schematics of how it works to run a battery operated toy truck! :lol::lol: So back to the open sand hunt where He quickly scores a quarter and a nice shiny dime.

KT decides to walk back over around the slide set and start gridding back towards the street where He parked....running the Compadre at moderately high discrim to knock out most of the junk...and then thumbing any hits to see if they would hold up. Dug several more dimes and some pennies and came across a nice Hot Wheels car laying on the surface, obviously abandoned by a recent tot. Scored it for the King's Royal Garage! :lol::lol:

After about 30 minutes of this fun, KT had to pack it up to get to the office in time to read the paper and get his morning java.

Total Royal Tax Collection was 10 coins for 70 cents, a nice lime green pulltab for the colored tab collection, the 08 Dodge Challenger Hot Wheels car, and that pseudo-cellphone controller!

This is a frequently used downtown park and totyard that has buildings that date from pre-civil war, but unfortunately back in the 70s it was the first place hit by every relic detector in central Arkansas. My 6th hunt on the site but yet to find anything other than common clad. KT figures a lot of the area has had fill brought in to grow the lush grass that covers most of the park. One of the mems dug this morning came from 5 inches and was a 1970 date....but you never know...if I keep hunting it, I might just find a goodie! KT thinks after He finally cleans up this general area, it may be worth coming back with the ATPro and see if there are some deeper goodies that show up. Unfortunately the site is heavy in surface poptops, pull tabs and screwcaps, but the ATPro may help me cherry pick around that junk.

Attachments

• McArthur Park 03 15 2012 5 mems 4 dimes 1 qtr Hot Wheels car truck controller green pull tab.JPG
    McArthur Park 03 15 2012 5 mems 4 dimes 1 qtr Hot Wheels car truck controller green pull tab.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 605
kt... I found a positive ID on the pulltab. It comes off of a monster can and I am an expert in this particular tab. Why am I an expert you ask? ... Becuase I am an addict and drink a couple of them a day during the week :(

Now go find the remote control truck that remote goes to so you have something to do all day at work.

You oughta take the remote back to the park and place it on the slide or something. They'll most likely be back for it

Why am I an expert you ask? ... Becuase I am an addict and drink a couple of them a day during the week :(

I'm going through withdrawals myself. Trying to make a healthy life choice and cut out all forms of caronated beverage... been replacing it with Mio spiked water and I tell you what, been about 3 weeks since I've had a "drink" :laughing:

KT, always fun reading your posts, and good thing you don't live in NH, don't think the taxes would go over well there :laughing:

Nice green pulltab. I got a red and a green the other day. Do you want them for our collection?:?:

LOL if you are willin to waste the cost of a stamp to send em to me, PM me and I will give you my snail mail addy! :laughing::laughing:

When KT gets enough of them He's gonna get a Burger King kiddie crown, glue em all on there and get a pic made of him wearing it to post in here! LOLOL

Back
Top Bottom