• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Three weeks without silver and then... POOF there it is!!! 20130930

diggitydon

I've been pounding the parks leaving no stone unturned and swinging under every bush since I found that amazing Barber Half. I was afraid I had hit a drought after the first week and no silver, second week and no silver and reach the end of the third week and TA DAAAAA!

picture.php

I returned to Ritter Park to places I've hunted over and over listening to the point of straining my ears if thats possible. Digging iron signals to clear the way for hearing other better signals. That part didn't work.

What did work was moving a few downed branches that were blocking my swing near the base of a tree. I swear, tree roots produce silver for me so often. This was a clear but soft signal right at 88 on my AT Pro. The quarter was at 6 inches in the peat at the base of a tall fat oak. There was a bit of a pocket spill with two wheats too toasted to see the dates and a 1956 nickel.

Of course, as soon as I could recognize the shape of the coin I knew it was silver. That bright metal just reflects the photons so well! :)

Cleaned up:
picture.php

Some other interesting items: brass nut, aluminum whatsit?
picture.php

The dime is just for size perspective. I also found another .89 in clad along the edge of a sidewalk leading to the Ritter Rose Garden.

It was a beautiful day for silver.

Thanks for looking. HH and GL!

Don

I did the same thing at a spot I cleaned out all jaggers and moved all the downed trees and it worked. I found a bunch a wheats and a few buffs doing this.

Congrats on breaking that silver drought! That's the same year silver quarter I just found on Sun. Yep, they shine so pretty in the dirt. : ) Now go find you some more.

Nice challenge!!!

Congrats on breaking that silver drought! That's the same year silver quarter I just found on Sun. Yep, they shine so pretty in the dirt. : ) Now go find you some more.

So... I did!!! :) Found a Barber Dime and Indian Head penny because you told me to! Haha!

Back
Top Bottom