• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Class ring returned

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
McCrackenRING.jpg

Terry

Thank you Terry for the safe return of my class ring that I lost so many years ago! Here is the story on how I lost the ring.

I was working in Dallas Texas at the time and I made a trip back to Kansas City to visit my family. I stopped to spend the night in Oklahoma City, and left the ring on the nightstand in the hotel room. The next day I called the hotel from Kansas City and talked to the manager, she said the ring had not been turned in and that she would talk to the cleaning lady. I never heard anything back. I just wrote the ring off as lost. That was in 1984. The mystery is how the ring got from Oklahoma City to Dodge City Kansas.

I just want to thank Terry for the safe return of the ring, and the great detective work he did to get it returned so many years later.

Thank You Terry

Adrian McCracken

Congrats on the return. That is a mystery how it ended up in Dodge City.

It was great to hear that story. Just makes you believe in fate and that some things are just meant to be. There is always hope where there are honest and good people.:D

Congrats and thanks to you Terry for being one of the good guys out there... And for giving all of us a better name.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Great story and I do wish that ring could talk and tell us how it got to Dodge City. Nice detective work as well!

The ring made its way to Dodge so it could be lost by the person who 'acquired' it from the hotel room just so it could be found by you and returned to the owner.

lol ok I'm not superstitious - I just think this is so neat how it turned out - the odds are so insane which makes this such a cool find / return ! !

Congrats on being the last link in an unlikely chain of events!

Good Job. I am sure the owner was just as happy as you to find it. One of my best finds was my nephews wedding ring in the winter. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom