• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Detecting GPS/Cell phones etc.

bobabbey

A friend asked me if I could find his lost GPS with my MD. I said I wasn't sure, but it's worth a try. Has anyone ever found electronic devices like that with their detector?

I have found several buried cell phones while beach hunting. So I'd say a GPS would also make a detectable target.

It should be easy to find. I've found a number of parts of cell phones and batteries from them. You shouldn't have to worry about discrimination.

i just tried the Ace on my GPS and it picks it up loud and clear! there are multiple metals in there, lead/tin (solder), steel (batteries), screws, etc, etc...
so yeah, no problem at all. at least if it's just something that was accidentally lost, you shouldn't have to "dig" for it although it might be hiding under leaves, in which case you should still be able to locate it if you know roughly where it was lost.

Pete :grin:

I have picked up one by accident and one by design helping somebody that had lost one on St. Augustine Beach a couple of years ago when i was on vacation.

I found a memory card for a Sony digital camera! It's not an electrical device, but it had enough metal on it to set off my detector! It was on the surface, so no damage, and I still use it to this day.....

HH, Dave..........

Back
Top Bottom