Nox 800 gold settings

I think it would most definitely work but that you’d be also digging every teensy tiny little bit of aluminum and what not also.

Can I use gold setting on nox 800 to search for gold rings ? Will it work ?

You most certainly can. Actually the smaller gold and chains likely will hit better vs other detect modes on detector.

You will get a lot of hits. But meter readings if used you can dodge a lot of the real small stuff unless you are after gold chains or ear ring studs.

For dirt hunting in heavy iron, gold modes do work well. A person needs to get some time using though. Good to use gold mode to cross check targets in heavy iron environment or with suspect finds located with other detector modes ( field and or park modes).

On freshwater beach, gold modes will hit hardest on chains if detectable. Person can cruise around too as coil position not as critical vs say bean modes or park or field modes.

Good luck.

For an area laced with junk lower conductors gold modes not recommended if person is select digging. Could be nightmare.

Gold 1 and Gold 2 are specifically designed for gold prospecting where there is medium to high mineralization, hot/cold volcanic rocks which are detectable (similar to fireplace bricks, coke, some slag) and relatively small targets of natural gold, silver, platinum, magnetite along with bits of manmade iron, foil, tin, brass and lead in the 1/4" diameter and smaller range. Usually it is not a target rich, carpet of nails, trashy park type detecting area so any hits in the -2 to +25 range are potentially beep and dig.

Gold 1 and 2 have lots of great features that most gold prospecting detectors don't normally have which can help discriminate most of the targets which aren't gold, silver, platinum, brass, lead and aluminum fairly safely and make iron targets and hot rocks easy to recognize most of the time. But it still only has 1 tone VCO audio and it won't magically just hit on gold no matter what size it is or if it is natural or manmade.

So, like tnsharpshooter said, it can become a nightmare detecting in a really target rich environment of tiny to US coin sized targets that hit in the -2 to +25 range like tons of foil, can slaw, pull tabs, bottle caps and of course manmade iron targets which all together can make a real persistent and sanity blowing audio barrage in the that numerical target range. You have to watch the screen for the response of every one of those targets too.

Jeff

TY everyone. I couldn’t see why they wouldn’t work but I wanted more opinions. I’m looking for a small gold ring that’s been in the ground for 20+ years.

TY everyone. I couldn’t see why they wouldn’t work but I wanted more opinions. I’m looking for a small gold ring that’s been in the ground for 20+ years.

The 11” coil might find it.
If I were looking for a small gold ring with EQX 800, I would set ID range 6-15 to highest tone. Turn all other ranges to zero- no tone. Speed 6 park 2 and rock and roll.
Eqx is deep detector on gold ring even at speed 6.
Ground balance detector unless ground is mild.

See this video. Now this is showing how to set up for coins. You can use this same process and do like I said above as far as setting ID range 6-15 to highest tone.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ur0FfDDKUo

Last edited:
Hi Buckwheat,
you can do just what tnsharpshooter said but use Gold 1 or Gold 2 if you don't have any luck in Park 2. Set up either with accepted discrimination range +4 to +16 or so. Disk out everything else. Add some threshold tone if you want up to about +5 to check for iron falsing. Or, you can toggle the horseshoe button to check for iron falsing in the +8 to +22 range too. Make sure you noise cancel and ground balance. Run the sensitivity up to the point where you start to get ground static noise and back off a little. You will just have one tone but it will tell you plenty. If that doesn't work try increasing the accepted disc to +15 to +22 or more in case it is buried really deep after 20 years and the VDI numbers are skewed upwards because of depth. If it is really deep (+9" or more) it may hit in only one direction and with a broken signal or it can sound like iron. Check the approximate depth on the depth scale. Anything 4 arrows or more is over 9" deep! Good luck.

Jeff

I want to thank everyone, you guys are the best.As soon as the storms are over here on Mississippi Coast I’m going to give it a try.After it dries out some.

A little note: The granddaughter was accused of stealing it, I’m hopeful I can clear her name.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you can in fact clear her name. Nothing worse than being accused of something you didnt do... Good luck on the search, and keep us posted!

These were in park 1.

Maybe go down to 5.

The first number or set of numbers were the more prolific with the / numbers being a blip here and there on the target.

Attachments

• ADCF2C4A-DB51-4904-A548-E746314AFB88.jpg
    ADCF2C4A-DB51-4904-A548-E746314AFB88.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,327
Back
Top Bottom