Garrett AT ProPointer with Z-Lynk Question

Cpackjr

I recently bought the Garrett AT ProPointer with Z-Lynk. I have the add on Z-Lynk on my ATPro detector, but the propointer is hooked directly to the headphones.
( there’s option to do it either way, to headphones or z-lynk box)
My problem is that occasionally when I turn on the propointer it will beep and vibrate like normal but will not react to metal. Switch off and back on corrects it every time. It happens often enough that I point it at my shovel every time now. It was one out of three times. But seems now to be one out of eight or so turn ons. Has any one experienced this? Is it a z Lynk thing? The pointer? I’ve turned it on with no phones and run it through all of the settings and have it on sensitivity 2, And not silent
Any thoughts appreciated. I dont want to contact Garrettt and find out I was doing somthing dumb
Thanks
Charles

Cpackjr: said:
I recently bought the Garrett AT ProPointer with Z-Lynk. I have the add on Z-Lynk on my ATPro detector, but the propointer is hooked directly to the headphones.
( there’s option to do it either way, to headphones or z-lynk box)
My problem is that occasionally when I turn on the propointer it will beep and vibrate like normal but will not react to metal. Switch off and back on corrects it every time. It happens often enough that I point it at my shovel every time now. It was one out of three times. But seems now to be one out of eight or so turn ons. Has any one experienced this? Is it a z Lynk thing? The pointer? I’ve turned it on with no phones and run it through all of the settings and have it on sensitivity 2, And not silent
I have only used the Z-Lynk 'box' a couple of times on different brand detectors. Everything worked fine, but that was just one day to check the audio on a Nokta and Tesoro detector.

Otherwise, I use 3 Garrett Apex devices with different coils mounted. For each of them I have their own set of MS-3 wireless headphones and their own AT Pro-Pointer for the Z-Lynk connection. 3-Detectors -- 3 MS-3 Headphones -- 3 AT Pro-Pointers .... I have not had any issues at all.

I have each AT Pro-Pointer set at full Sensitivity and they Beep & Vibrate. I make sure my headphones are on my head with the On/Off switch on my right-hand detector side, and when I start out I quickly confirm my Pro-Pointer is paired up and running fine.

As I said, I haven't had a problem yet. Does running a reduced Sensitivity level cause your loss in performance? I haven't a clue because I haven't experienced any problems to know. Is the battery weak? I don't know. Is the system box fully charged and in a close-enough position to operate correctly? I don't know. I suggest checking out all devices for a full-enough power charge.

Cpackjr: said:
Any thoughts appreciated. I dont want to contact Garrettt and find out I was doing somthing dumb
Thanks
Charles
I think I would rather ask a manufacturer about the behavior of their product via an e-mail or phone call than openly ask a lot of people on a public forum.

Monte

I read somewhere that if the pin pointer is close enough to something metal when you turn it on it kinda of locks it up. It happens to mine sometimes where I have it too close to my shovel or something when I turn it on and everything seems fine but it’s not detecting anything. Turn it off and on and its all set. I don’t have the z-link pin pointer but sounds like the same thing yours is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom