Wish list for Minelab Nox

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Just in case they read this forum (they certainly SHOULD).

I'd LOVE to see a way to download settings to a computer, then upload them back. That way we could share settings more readily, and make it easier to test different configurations.

For the nox.... I would ask santa/minelab for an 18inch DD coil, shed some weight so it matches the weight of the 15" coil. That's not asking much is it?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

For the nox.... I would ask santa/minelab for an 18inch DD coil, shed some weight so it matches the weight of the 15" coil. That's not asking much is it?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I agree...I'm sure they could shave a few ounces off of it.

OOH!!!! And a "clean sweep" type coil too..

It would be nice if they by default had carbon fiber shafts too :) That's for all detectors though.

Although the Nox is lightweight, every little bit helps.

Hello, make it actually waterproof! And if you have a fail due to water intrusion offer free shipping for returns.
It's a fine machine, but it's NOT waterproof, I would never buy another one after having drown two of them...

If people wear watches nowadays they are "smart" watches. I cant remember the last time I saw someone wearing a traditional watch. I agree the clock would be awesome, and I might also add a battery percentage value instead of the bars they use now. That arm cuff needs to be redesigned as well. I broke my plastic one AND my metal one. Ended up reinforcing my metal one with thick aluminum strips, which in turn added weight, which also helped a little with counter weight. I still get arm fatigue using the nox, even more so than my heavy minelab explorer. Every model has its advantages/disadvantages, but I think these would be relatively easy/inexpensive fixes for minelab...

A watch is just another thing I need to be mindful of around my pinpointer. Leaving my diggers too close to the hole where I am working is bad enough.

Do none of yall wear a watch anymore??

I was just thinking the same thing. Timex Iron Man Indiglo on my wrist. But... I think alot of people like to wave a coin or whatever in front off the coil now n then while out detecting to check the VDI. Maybe some struggle to keep the watch out of the way?

If people wear watches nowadays they are "smart" watches. I cant remember the last time I saw someone wearing a traditional watch. I agree the clock would be awesome, and I might also add a battery percentage value instead of the bars they use now. That arm cuff needs to be redesigned as well. I broke my plastic one AND my metal one. Ended up reinforcing my metal one with thick aluminum strips, which in turn added weight, which also helped a little with counter weight. I still get arm fatigue using the nox, even more so than my heavy minelab explorer. Every model has its advantages/disadvantages, but I think these would be relatively easy/inexpensive fixes for minelab...

I just bought a used NOX 600 and replaced the cuff because the foam was all chewed up and it bothered me. Seems to be made about the same as any other detector I have owned. What actually breaks on them and how? I have a spare now either way although it doesn't feel like it would easily break?

I just bought a used NOX 600 and replaced the cuff because the foam was all chewed up and it bothered me. Seems to be made about the same as any other detector I have owned. What actually breaks on them and how? I have a spare now either way although it doesn't feel like it would easily break?

The part that rests around your arm, usually one side or the other will snap off over time. Just about everyone I know that swings a nox in my area has broke at least one :lol: pretty sure it's the same (or close to) arm cuff as the xterra but I cant confirm that. Pretty sure it has to do with the balancing of the detector. All the weight of the machine goes into the arm cuff when swinging it, in my experience anyway.

The part that rests around your arm, usually one side or the other will snap off over time. Just about everyone I know that swings a nox in my area has broke at least one :lol: pretty sure it's the same (or close to) arm cuff as the xterra but I cant confirm that. Pretty sure it has to do with the balancing of the detector. All the weight of the machine goes into the arm cuff when swinging it, in my experience anyway.

Gotcha. Well, at least the replacement kit is not that expensive. I think I paid about $20 for it? I am going to add a neoprene sleeve to protect the foam as well.

It might be helpful if you could adjust the angle of the control box stem. I think that would help with getting a more comfortable grip and in turn lessen fatigue. I have a Husqvarna backpack blower and the throttle control stem is adjustable. This does make a difference.

Husqvarna-350BT-backpack-blower-throttle-on-handle.jpg

Do none of yall wear a watch anymore??

I do. I spent twenty years in Navy Communications where i had to document everything that happened with the time.

The watch that i wear is getting some age on it as i found it detecting about 5 years ago.

Watched a Deus swinger check out a target and then walk on up the beach.

Since where he had dismissed the target as being junk was on my way to the car i decided to check it out.

Hugo Boss chronograph came out of the sand. Get the battery changed once a year and it keeps excellent time.

Back
Top Bottom