• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lock down

Do you think we need to do this I mean some what. It’s getting out of hand.

What is out of hand is people, imho, that this thing is somehow fake, or a conspiracy...it is real. In the USA alone we have lost over 250,000 souls. We older folks get this virus and die from complications that are aggravated by it. Not unlike the 1918 flu epidemic...with no vaccine to take, it killed millions worldwide.

KT will curtail His normal activities until He gets the vaccination for Covid-19 as He falls into two of the endangered categories...over 65 and diabetic. Its your life, but in this instance, you also may affect or infect others...that's on you morally if you get sick and through neglect infect your family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. His Majesty is going to wear a mask in public, frequently wash His hands, and use antiseptic hand cleaner and antiseptic wipes, to try and keep my loved ones and friends safe.

KT understands that many people want instant gratification in our society...just let me do what I want...but in this instance, that idea pales in the realization of the disease and the question...How many more have to die to take this seriously?

Last edited:
What is out of hand is people, imho, that thing this is somehow fake, or a conspiracy...it is real. In the USA alone we have lost over 250,000 souls. We older folks get this virus and die from complications that are aggravated by it. Not unlike the 1918 flu epidemic...with no vaccine to take, it killed millions worldwide.

KT will curtail His normal activities until He gets the vaccination for Covid-19 as He falls into two of the endangered categories...over 65 and diabetic. Its your life, but in this instance, you also may affect or infect others...that's on you morally if you get sick and through neglect infect your family, coworkers, neighbors, etc. His Majesty is going to wear a mask in public, frequently wash His hands, and use antiseptic hand cleaner and antiseptic wipes, to try and keep my loved ones and friends safe.

KT understands that many people want instant gratification in our society...just let me do what I want...but in this instance, that idea pales in the realization of the disease and the question...How many more have to die to take this seriously?

AMEN ! Long live the King ! :kingdances::waytogo::waytogo::waytogo:

Viruses are not fake.
Let those that are at high risk quarantine. Stay home, be safe.
The rest of need to keep this country moving.

Stores here are very strict, they will take your temp, give you hand sanitizer, sanitize your cart and you MUST wear a mask. Walmart and pretty much every chain store only allows 1 person per family in the store and no kids allowed at all. I saw a family get kicked out of walmart last week, figured they could sneak in separately but putting groceries in to the same cart kind of gave them away...
Is this a huge inconvenience to me? No, I'm willing to take care and do what we can not just to stay safe but save ourselves from another shutdown.
Shutdown here involved, nighttime curfew, NO BEER or wine or any booze, all parks and beaches closed, all non essential shops closed. Here is is literally behave yourselves or we will take away your beer, you don't have to tell me twice! :lol::lol::lol:
Take care everyone

Stores here are very strict, they will take your temp, give you hand sanitizer, sanitize your cart and you MUST wear a mask. Walmart and pretty much every chain store only allows 1 person per family in the store and no kids allowed at all. I saw a family get kicked out of walmart last week, figured they could sneak in separately but putting groceries in to the same cart kind of gave them away...
Is this a huge inconvenience to me? No, I'm willing to take care and do what we can not just to stay safe but save ourselves from another shutdown.
Shutdown here involved, nighttime curfew, NO BEER or wine or any booze, all parks and beaches closed, all non essential shops closed. Here is is literally behave yourselves or we will take away your beer, you don't have to tell me twice! :lol::lol::lol:
Take care everyone
Seriously I Hope you’ve stocked up, they are closing Walmarts in some parts of the country. At least a year’s worth of stock may be needed. When this hits the supply chain, there’s no telling how long it will last.

I'm just like his majesty the king. I have a triple whammy. Over 70, heart stint, and chronic bronchial asthma. We don't go to any restaurants, no gatherings family or otherwise, always wear our masks, and make sure to keep our hands clean. I hate to see shut downs, but a lot of people bring it on themselves. They won't social distance themselves, refuse to wear a mask, and then there are the stores that won't enforce letting people in without a mask. :mad: This virus is like a snake. Cut the head off, the rest of the body dies. Stop doing things that spread the virus and it will go away. JMHO ;):yes:

The stores posting signs for wearing a mask and then not enforcing their own rules is my pet peeve. They are just covering their rear side with a posting. Followed closely by the ones that require employees to wear a mask but then allow them to wear them around their chine or below the nose.

I'm 59 and just outside the high risk group however my wife and I are care givers to her parents. 79 and 82 with all the underlying health risk conditions. I wear a mask and have seriously curtailed travel for them.

Ken

I'm just like his majesty the king. I have a triple whammy. Over 70, heart stint, and chronic bronchial asthma. We don't go to any restaurants, no gatherings family or otherwise, always wear our masks, and make sure to keep our hands clean. I hate to see shut downs, but a lot of people bring it on themselves. They won't social distance themselves, refuse to wear a mask, and then there are the stores that won't enforce letting people in without a mask. :mad: This virus is like a snake. Cut the head off, the rest of the body dies. Stop doing things that spread the virus and it will go away. JMHO ;):yes:
We wish that were the case, but a virus isn’t a living organism like a snake. The virus dies only when it runs out of victims to infect. That’s why these soft, short lockdowns don’t work...they just prolong things.

I just want things to be normal that’s all I’m 50 I’m not in the greatest shape. I wear my mask all day at work in the stores wherever it is needed. My work just had a meeting yesterday where they saw West Virginia making it a rule you have to wear one on nov 14. Well this was yesterday today is the 20th why you waiting so long.it just made me mad I’m walking around with my mask on but no one else is. I’m glad they had the meeting cause I was at my breaking point with it

This describes me to a tee.

Isolationist.jpg

this virus has a survival rate of 94 % for TESTED cases, and many cases go untested so that number climbs even higher. We know what economy crashes and forcing people into poverty does, the survival rate is much much lower when that happens. We do not need a lockdown, we need those resources put towards the 1-3% of people who are extremely at risk. Everyone else can take the more minor precautions and keep the economy and country going. Keep in mind a large part of the people at risk are not even in the job force anymore...

Seriously I Hope you’ve stocked up, they are closing Walmarts in some parts of the country. At least a year’s worth of stock may be needed. When this hits the supply chain, there’s no telling how long it will last.

Has anyone heard about a teamster strike after T'giving? That won't help supplies either.

The stores posting signs for wearing a mask and then not enforcing their own rules is my pet peeve. They are just covering their rear side with a posting. Followed closely by the ones that require employees to wear a mask but then allow them to wear them around their chine or below the nose.

I'm 59 and just outside the high risk group however my wife and I are care givers to her parents. 79 and 82 with all the underlying health risk conditions. I wear a mask and have seriously curtailed travel for them.

Ken

They are NOT the stores rules!! They are rules from the governor's of some states.

this virus has a survival rate of 94 % for TESTED cases, and many cases go untested so that number climbs even higher. We know what economy crashes and forcing people into poverty does, the survival rate is much much lower when that happens. We do not need a lockdown, we need those resources put towards the 1-3% of people who are extremely at risk. Everyone else can take the more minor precautions and keep the economy and country going. Keep in mind a large part of the people at risk are not even in the job force anymore...

Even if the fatality rate is as low as 1-2%, that doesn't mean there's only 1-2% of people at extreme risk of death if they get the virus, much less the ability to know who they are in advance. Given the rates of obesity, and number of people who are elderly or have underlying medical issues, you're talking about half the population, which lands us back to where we are now. How would you determine which of them are at the highest risk to not just get the virus but die from it?

I'm 74 and have not changed my routine one bit since this virus started. I still work a part time job, I detect just as much as ever, we eat out, and go places. Sure, there's a virus out there but some of the measures taken by the various governors and mayors is to the point of ridiculous. We can argue these points back and forth until we're all blue in the face but that's my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom