Middletown ohio

Hello and welcome from across the river in Fort Thomas, KY! Always up for some travel and detecting, shoot me a message if you want!

Hey buddy.
I’m new to this area from eastern Kentucky myself.
Not real sure of places to hunt around here but I’m keeping my eye open lol.
I would assume that there’s some good places in your area as Kentucky has some pretty good history. Any civil war stuff in your area?

Up the road from you in Kettering. Unfortunately don't get out as much as I would like anymore.

Hello T-man
Hate to hear your not getting out much. Maybe you can help me with the understanding of the laws around here seems Butler co ain’t very detector friendly. Any recommendations of where it ok to detect around here?

I just moved out of Butler county about a year ago. Never had any issues, just stay out of the Metroparks, never had any issues with city parks, woods, youth sports fields (wait until season is done) etc. Most of my hunting used to be around Hamilton or Fairfield. Since the move I'm still trying to figure out the Montgomery county area but time between work, kids, covid etc has made it tough. Hopefully 2021 will be better. As Tom would say, if you can throw a frisbee there you can detect there.

City parks in Middletown are open game but some of the people are scary. Parks I went to in Middletown were trashy closer to town lots of can slaw.

Yes I’m hoping 2021 will be a lot better as well. Hey history hippy I’ll be getting ahold of you soon as I get a chance. All the nice weather we’ve had I been stuck at work.

I just moved out of Butler county about a year ago. Never had any issues, just stay out of the Metroparks, never had any issues with city parks, woods, youth sports fields (wait until season is done) etc. Most of my hunting used to be around Hamilton or Fairfield. Since the move I'm still trying to figure out the Montgomery county area but time between work, kids, covid etc has made it tough. Hopefully 2021 will be better. As Tom would say, if you can throw a frisbee there you can detect there.

So it was you that cleaned Joyce Park out of all the silver! :lol:

So it was you that cleaned Joyce Park out of all the silver! :lol:

I've hit Joyce Park more times then I can count, found silver rings, stacks of clad, plenty of junk jewelry but not a single silver coin out it. I have been chased around it a few times by skunks in the past if I got to close to their garbage cans.

If I can swing it between work and everything else going on I'd love to get involved as well. May not be until spring though.

Back
Top Bottom