• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Scary Schoolyard finds

Anytime Pal.

Never wrapped my head around how some people freak out over spent casings, or God forbid, a live round!

I think most folks who panic at live rounds don't understand how hard it is to get them to fire. And if they do, how non-lethal they are without being in a barrel to compress the gasses behind the bullet.

I think most folks who panic at live rounds don't understand how hard it is to get them to fire. And if they do, how non-lethal they are without being in a barrel to compress the gasses behind the bullet.

Agree...

Plus many react as follows-

OH MY GOD! An empty casing! I should report this immediately! Kids might find them and become traumatized! "Show me on the doll where the .22 casing hurt you."

I found 17 empty 9mm casings on a school playground. Who knows where the bullets ended up. this was eventually done after school hours.

The only thing that makes me wonder if it's really that happening is that if you fire a bullet straight up and it tumbles down, it actually buries itself pretty deeply (based on what I saw in a Myth-busters episode). Most of the spent bullets, I find are literally on the surface. So, either my estimates of what happens when those bullets fall back is off, or they're being dropped somehow.

I do find them occasionally deeper, but for the most part it's surface. I figure the deeper ones have just been there a few seasons.

How about you? Do you find most of them on the surface or deeper?

I'm not sure what you mean. I can't say that I've found any spent bullets, but rather the spent cartridges/casings. I've only ever found them within 3" of the surface.

Back
Top Bottom