Seasons over for me

groundhog53946

Elite Member
Season came to a close for me sooner than I would have liked. Getting my right knee replaced this morning. Hoping to heal up enough to make it to the digstock event in March. Had to get through deer season first and this will give me about 13 weeks to be back at it. Happy hunting everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with the replacement surgery, groundhog. Had my left knee done in 2011. To get back the maximum range of motion, do get religious about the physical therapy exercises they give you. If you see ANY signs of infection at the surgery site, don’t delay in contacting your surgeon. In a few months, you’ll be happy you did this.

Good luck....

Hope the surgery and recovery get you back to good as new..

Will that new knee start setting off your pinpointer?

Best of luck to you. Your post made me laugh, though. Only a guy would delay knee surgery to finish deer hunting season and then try to work it so he's better in time for a metal detecting hunt in March! LOL!

Indeed, get well soon.

As Jimther notes, everyone I know that have had a hip or knee done wishes they’d have done it years sooner.

I hope all went well this morning, and I wish you a speedy recovery! And I certainly hope the timing works out well for you and you can make the event!

Hope the surgery and recovery get you back to good as new..

Will that new knee start setting off your pinpointer?

Mine is made of titanium, I believe, and is probably 9-10 inches long. It has not interfered with my pinpointer OR detector at all. I've even used my pinpointer to detect my metal knee (in close proximity) for some kids and adults. :detector:

Hope you have a speedy recovery, I've know of people who had it done and were glad they did !

Let us know what your replacement knee rings up as on your detector :laughing:

Here's to a speedy recovery! Your health is #1, take care of you first, the rest will fall into place slowly. Good luck when you get back out there!

Back
Top Bottom