• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Detecting A Goat?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
A family member lost a mans wedding ring when bagging up hay. My brother asked me if a detector can detect a goat for a swallowed ring. I suppose some of the hay was eaten.

So many times when I find something I think is cool or valuable I wonder;
How did this end up here? Who might have dropped this?
Not even once did I think a goat may have pooped it there! :lol:

In this day and age people are concerned about harming animals. Especially with any kind of electronic device. You best perform a physical cavity search. Good luck !

Absolutely, just don't get kicked.:lol::lol: The first metal detector was used on President Garfield trying to locate the bullet. Unfortunately to no avail, the bedsprings were masking the round and the poor guy died from infection from everybody probing the wound. Good luck, Mark

Absolutely, just don't get kicked.:lol::lol: The first metal detector was used on President Garfield trying to locate the bullet. Unfortunately to no avail, the bedsprings were masking the round and the poor guy died from infection from everybody probing the wound. Good luck, Mark

I remember that story!

Wish I hadn't read this thread. Got me curious, so I ran my At Pro coil over my heart. Yup, it detected the two metal stents in my heart! Rang up in the low 40's, so probably stainless steel with a little nickel thrown in? My Garrett carrot doesn't pick them up, though.

Definitely. A relative is a game warden and they have a detector every few counties to find bullets in carcasses and nearby dirt (if possible) + fired brass and shotgun hulls.

The problem with detecting a goat is cooperation. :oldguy: Plus, a goat might have other metal contents in it's digestive tract. Give it a try, but it's probably easier to just detect the "meadow muffins" left behind.

Back
Top Bottom