Blast From The Past - Metal Detector Catalog Ads

Just think, any one of us would probably be thrilled to find a coin that was in circulation when they were using those bulky metal detectors in the 30's.

Holy Cow!

Thought everyone would get a kick out of these. Maybe even used one of these babies! State of the art metal detectors from the mid 1970's. I want one!

SearsC1975_Page435.jpg

Sears

Wow! I know this thread is OLD, but I am so thankful that I finally found a picture of my FIRST detector! TY CyberSage for posting these!
My first detector (Christmas present- BEFORE? '77) was the $19.95 unit on bottom-left of page. It was a POJ, BUT! Christmas Day I went out into our front yard and found a 1907 Indian Head penny- that I dug with one of Mom's tablespoons! (Sorry Global Warming fans- the ground wasn't frozen). I used it for years, then lost it (probably) in the shuffle when my parents divorced. My second one was a Sears-branded White's 5000 CM (looked like the $299.50 one on the same page! I still have it, and it even works, but now I use a Simplex+.
Thanks again for the memories!

Thought everyone would get a kick out of these. Maybe even used one of these babies! State of the art metal detectors from the mid 1970's. I want one!

SearsC1975_Page435.jpg

Sears

Wow! I know this thread is OLD, but I am so thankful that I finally found a picture of my FIRST detector! TY CyberSage for posting these!
My first detector (Christmas present- BEFORE? '77) was the $19.95 unit on bottom-left of page. It was a POJ, BUT! Christmas Day I went out into our front yard and found a 1907 Indian Head penny- that I dug with one of Mom's tablespoons! (Sorry Global Warming fans- the ground wasn't frozen). I used it for years, then lost it (probably) in the shuffle when my parents divorced. My second one was a Sears-branded White's 5000 CM (looked like the $299.50 one on the same page! I still have it, and it even works, but now I use a Simplex+.
Thanks again for the memories!
The “Ted Williams” machine sure looks like my old White’s Coinmaster II. Rebranded? And I see my first, Jetco Mustang. If you set the coil directly on a coin it would beep.

LOL! A good friend of mine bought a Jetco MD in the 70's to join me on my hunts with my Bounty Hunter. Thing worked pretty well until we took it to the beach and he tried detecting on wet sand. Must have been a short circuit or something, because it started making strange noises and was never the same...good memories though!

Back
Top Bottom