a little scared

stldigger

Well I just made a big purchase...after using a few different detectors over the years, current one being an AT Gold(local guy selling it cheap couldn't pass it up) I have a Nox 800 on the way! I have a feeling it is becoming infamous because it is probably the new popular kid in school that everyone hates..I have been doing a ton of research and a lot of YouTube watching, just feels like the best fit for me and my area around St. Louis.

The 800 is nothing to be scared of, it can take a bit of learning to understand all the possible settings, but some detectorists, like me, simply use one of the basic modes like Park 1, though I might later on mess with specific settings.

In case you haven't seen them yet here are some short but very helpful tutorials on the Equinox series:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

(they cover both the 600 and 800)

I went with the 600. It's said the 600 will perform as well as the 800. It just doesn't have as many settings. Price was better!!! But my reason for setting my Xterra 705 aside and buying an Equinox was simple. Multi frequency. Waterproof too but the multi or FBS is hitting and giving VDI deeper and I'm coming off using the 705 with a the 10.5" and a 3khz sniper coil and first thing I notice was I digging Wheaties at least 7 inches with a clean VDI reading and some maybe a bit deeper. First couple times out I was getting much more arthuritis in my hands using the Equinox. Not because it uncomfortable, it's very light and easy to swing,. I was just digging deeper targets. You'll kill it with that 800. Good choice. Multi does make a bit of difference.

I got a 600 @6 months ago, and if it's not idiot-proof, it's at least idiot-resistant, since I'm having success with mine! I watched some YouTube videos prior to getting it, and headed right out into permissions I had covered extensively with my old Tesoro Mojave. I popped a couple of silver Rosies and a 1965 40% half along with a bunch of wheats at one, and an old rural school I was convinced I'd found every coin at started yielding wheats... then a silver Rosie, then a Merc... and after a long hunt there this week, two IHPS, a 1953 quarter, and the crowning glory for me, a Barber dime. I plan to learn the nuances and the settings during the 2-3 months of frozen ground, but right now I'm too busy findng coins to study up.

Back
Top Bottom