New pin pointer

hunter1

Elite Member
I have a Garrett pointer, I boght it about 6 or 7 or more years ago. Never had aproblem with the Garrett. I'm looking at the Garrett carrot. I see there are others on the market also. Pro's and cons on the Carrott and the others. Thank you.:detector:

I have two of the Garrett carrots. Nothing else to compare with.

Pros:
  • Made in USA
  • Garrett customer service is outstanding (if ever needed)
  • Great depth
  • Easily retuned on the fly to zero in on a target quickly
  • Scans from the side as well as off of the tip
  • Waterproof
  • Option to operate in vibrate only mode
  • Good sheath included
  • Highly visible
  • Lost pinpointer alarm
  • Automatic shut-off

Cons:
  • Brighter light would be useful

I'm sold, Garrott carrot it will be. Like I said I never had a problem with the older black one. Still using it.

Alot of people like the TRX, but the carrot has always been my go to, and it never fails me. Those would be your 2 best options, IMO. Good luck with your decision!

Scanning on the internet, I was reading about the makra pulse dive . Wonder how good it is.

I've settled into the Fisher F-Pulse very well. I bought the F-Pulse soon after it came out a few years ago, and I did have issues mind you, but West Texas worked with me and we got it right. It is a PI technology, and it gets very good depths. The best part about the F-Pulse I really like over the Carrot is how it has maintained the same detection depth it gave years back. My carrot, like my old black Garretts pointers, all lost depth over time. jm2c

I love my whites TRX pinpointer. It has good depth and sensitivity to small objects. I really like the fact that it’s detection sensitivity is concentrated around the tip rather than the entire shaft. That just makes it easier to find things for me.

I use the TRX and the f pulse. Probably the two deepest pp out there. They can be dumbed down by settings or retuning if wanted. I use the Trx when digging small plugs in yards and f pulse digging large plugs in fields.

Stay away from the Quest xpointer pro they have very good sensitivity other than that total junk and their customer service is absolutely horrible! As soon as I have more time I plan on taking photos and starting a thread to warn others about this terrible product.

I use the TRX and the f pulse. Probably the two deepest pp out there. They can be dumbed down by settings or retuning if wanted. I use the Trx when digging small plugs in yards and f pulse digging large plugs in fields.

My duo of pinpointers I carry on hunts also. There's so much flexibility with the TRX in one pocket, plus the F-Pulse in another pocket. You soon get the knack for when to use the TRX pre-dig, and when to grab the F-Pulse once the target is no longer in the hole anymore. I never understood why tectors went to the dug pile of dirt with a pointer, until seeing that the target wasn't being picked up by the PPr in the hole anymore. Another subject for another thread though. Still, it makes no sense to poke and prod dug dirt while the PPr still picks up the target inside the hole. I've watched some of the best hunters still do it over time though.

I have a TRX and really like the detection at the tip. I am really bummed that Whites went out. Although I don't have there detectors I really like the TRX and the whites digger. IT Has a manly handle. Garret should rebrand, add colors and continue selling both.

Stay away from the Quest xpointer pro they have very good sensitivity other than that total junk and their customer service is absolutely horrible! As soon as I have more time I plan on taking photos and starting a thread to warn others about this terrible product.

It's Chinese, Doh!

I use the carrot and have for years. Love that it’s USA made and water proof. The vibrate/silent feature is my favorite

Back
Top Bottom