My first CW button! Confederate Infantry coat button.

k2gleaner

Elite Member
Got out this past weekend with my son on a new permission. It was just a tenant homesite but I don't care - anything would be great. Started with an early 50s IHP and then a Rosie - our first silver FTY.

The site was really junky and I know there were arrowheads found in the back of the field so off we went. What I enjoyed was the silence of the machine after all that chatter!

Found an old musketball first and that got out hopes up. Then, we did the button!

I LOVED finding it.

We also found some chips from the making of arrowheads plus what the farmer believes is a partial spear point.
5c07596fd2768252229b5b220c555318.jpg
1b98e58751359dee395715c0cdc982dd.jpg
4f320a30c8b600f0d7cc2229c1e77825.jpg

k2gleaner

Congratulations on the button! Nice save. Hope you can find more CW relics.

Cheers,
Ken

Thank you for the comments everybody.

I almost brought a GoPro to film our digs. That's something I've never done, but I always enjoy my son's expression when I detect the item using the shovel to get the first scoop out and then watch him recover a cool item with the pinpointer. When it's a really neat find like this one or our first 1900 Barber dime, the sheer expression of astonishment is so cool.

I caught a glimpse of the size of the button and when I noticed that the front of it was rounded, I was praying that it was civil war.

For Civil War stuff, I think my Holy Grail is some sort of buckle or breastplate.

k2gleaner

Back
Top Bottom