sad, sad... day of clad

(Heavy)

Elite Member
:lol: my second dollar coin, I guess these were easily dropped. Has anyone else found one?

never mind I see one right here http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=85251
and another one here http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=85225

100_0906-1.jpg

100_0905-1.jpg

she held up pretty good for 32 years, looks hardly used
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg
if nothing else I didn't nick it so that's a win.

Nice find. They never became popular, mainly because they were too easily confused for quarters.

It would be nice if we could find these as common as quarters!

I think it's weird actually, that people find these often on here. How many people ever actually USED this coin? Hardly any so i dont see why or how they were dropped so often. The only time i ever even seen them at all was when you used the machine at the post office and used a 20 to buy a book of stamps it would give these as change like the sackajooweeja dollar. Even then most people would just turn them back in to the bank for paper. Circulating coin dollars nowadays just wont get popular, nobody wants to carry them around in thier pocket rather than have bills in thier wallet.

Circulating coin dollars nowadays just wont get popular, nobody wants to carry them around in thier pocket rather than have bills in thier wallet.

too bad , like Jason said up there it would make for some better hunts if we were pulling dollars as often as quarters.

I know here in St. Louis, they used to use them for the metrolink (above ground subway system in downtown) I'm sure you could find all kinds of em if you hunted on the tracks near the stations:p

I know here in St. Louis, they used to use them for the metrolink (above ground subway system in downtown) I'm sure you could find all kinds of em if you hunted on the tracks near the stations:p

well this is a first year 'D' if you find one with with 'S' it's worth a little less than a hundred bucks. If you get a 1981 'S' you have a nice sale price too. I was hunting shallow for jewlery today like always but the ground was really easy to dig so I cranked the gain and she was way down 7 inches on a ball field.

chicago...

share that dollar, gimmy that dollar, share that dollar with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Nice dollar...and yes that beats diggin all the pennies....LOL.....nice find.

Guess they are not real uncommon as today I found my 18th dollar coin of the year but only one has been a Susan B. Anthony. Still its a great find, Congrat's!

Back
Top Bottom