V-3 Update finds

yooper69

Elite Member
A few of the recent finds with the new V-3 update. The Heaviest of these hunks is 31 pounds. V- 20200726_183604_resized_1.jpg

20200726_183613_resized_1.jpg

20200727_155707_resized.jpg

20200727_160013_resized_1.jpg3 does hit the bigger targes very deep for a coin and relic machine. Not as deep a my old Whites 5900 di pro though !!

I have updated my machine also can't wait to give it a try. Nice native copper, gorgeous when they are clean. Someday when all this craziness is over with maybe the wife and I will take a trip to the UP and give it a try.

I have updated my machine also can't wait to give it a try. Nice native copper, gorgeous when they are clean. Someday when all this craziness is over with maybe the wife and I will take a trip to the UP and give it a try.
If you make it up to the Keweenau give me shout and I will put you on some nice copper. Trapper (Jake&Jill) is here now for a week digging Copper. He found a real neat character piece today.

Holy float finds Yoop Man! Those are some serious digs! Talk about large coppers...:shock:

You using the new 4khz setting then?
Those are always fun to find for sure. Your not to far. Do the update and make the drive. Trapper is here and he found a really neat piece that has some good character to it. Yes using 4khz for the float. It nails it good with great depth. 1 hunk at over 30 inches. 15 pounds

Thought I'd add something to Yooper's thread. Had the opportunity to hunt with Mike and dig a few pieces of Copper. Can say this man really knows what he is doing out there. Two things about this activity, it's a lot of work and it's not for the faint of heart, that is for sure. While I have not had the success Mike has had I have had some, including a great character example that is in the pictures. It looks to me as its some kind of critter with its mouth wide open and tail extended above. defiantly a one of a kind item. Trapper

Attachments

• k. copperpg .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg .jep.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 308
  • k. copperpg 1 .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg 1 .jep.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 297
  • k. copperpg 2 .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg 2 .jep.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 306
  • k. copperpg 3 .jep.jpg
    k. copperpg 3 .jep.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 289
Thought I'd add something to Yooper's thread. Had the opportunity to hunt with Mike and dig a few pieces of Copper. Can say this man really knows what he is doing out there. Two things about this activity, it's a lot of work and it's not for the faint of heart, that is for sure. While I have not had the success Mike has had I have had some, including a great character example that is in the pictures. It looks to me as its some kind of critter with its mouth wide open and tail extended above. defiantly a one of a kind item. Trapper

That is one crazy awesome specimen! I bet it took a bit more digging than your average 8-10 inch deep merc.

That is one crazy awesome specimen! I bet it took a bit more digging than your average 8-10 inch deep merc.

Maybe when Trapper makes his next trip up you can come at the same time. You will need to bring your gold equipment also and a bigger shovel:laughing:

Beautiful chunks of copper ore. Looks like you found some good copper veins. Congrats!

Thanks! These are pieces of copper ripped from the earth by the glaciers and deposited along its path. They are 99.9% pure copper.

That is definitely a cool piece. I went back to that same area and followed a creek down hill for about 3/4 of a mile and the further down i went the glacial deposit just kept getting better and better. The boulders were bigger than my jeep. I think that we will be needing a monster size winch to get stuff out. Just looked at a 12,000 pound one for the jeep.

Back
Top Bottom