First silver!

RockieBoston

Being in New England I have no shortage of sites to hunt but I'm new to this and have been nervous about MDing around people. Got up early to hit a 1905 park I've done a ton of research on. 6:30AM about to get out of my car and 3 parks & rec vehicles drive onto the ball field to do maintenance. D'oh! Seemed like a good time to try a different park so I drove a mile to another old one. All I know is it was built ~1905 too, have done no research.

Hunted around the perimeter under the trees and got a 1916 barber dime! 2 inches down!

Funny thing is, it rang up as 83-84, just like a clad penny or, unfortunately as I've discovered, a section of chain link fence.

I would like to add: I was not the person who left a hole next to the tot lot with MD trash all around it. But I did clean it all up, for karma.

Attachments

• 20200729_085821.jpg
    20200729_085821.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 20200729_085921.jpg
    20200729_085921.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Excellent story. But it should have been a L.C
as your first east coast find ! :laughing:

Very nice for a first. Yes the barbers will ring up as a penny and if well worn they will ring up even lower. I agree about the plug situation at a park. It upsets me when I see the signs of another detector and then people see me detecting and assume that it was from me. Keep the parks clean so people don't make us quit!

What a fantastic 1st silver....SO much cooler than my 1st, a 64d Rosie :lol:

Congrats!

What a fantastic 1st silver....SO much cooler than my 1st, a 64d Rosie :lol: ...

You did it in the right order. You "paid your dues" and found the roosie first, then then the merc, then the barber, etc....

But Rockie-Boston cheated, and moved to the head of the class faster than he deserved. Therefore he must go back out and bury the barber dime. Until he's paid his dues with 100 pulltabs and 1000 clad and a silver roosie.

After all, what's fair is fair. If you and I had to suffer this indignity, then it's only fair that others "pay their dues" as well. Right ? :foottap:

Nice first silver, congrats!

Edit: and nice job on the cleanup for the sloppy MDer, good karma for sure!

You did it in the right order. You "paid your dues" and found the roosie first, then then the merc, then the barber, etc....

But Rockie-Boston cheated, and moved to the head of the class faster than he deserved. Therefore he must go back out and bury the barber dime. Until he's paid his dues with 100 pulltabs and 1000 clad and a silver roosie.

After all, what's fair is fair. If you and I had to suffer this indignity, then it's only fair that others "pay their dues" as well. Right ? :foottap:

Haha! I agree wholeheartedly. But instead of re burying it I think it's only fair that he mail some of us these 1st few older silvers to help "make up" for all the blood, sweat and tears it took just to find a damned Rosie or two over an eight hour hunt AND BE HAPPY ABOUT IT! :digginahole:

:laughing:

Haha! I agree wholeheartedly. But instead of re burying it I think it's only fair that he mail some of us these 1st few older silvers to help "make up" for all the blood, sweat and tears it took just to find a damned Rosie or two over an eight hour hunt AND BE HAPPY ABOUT IT! :digginahole:

:laughing:

I vote that way too ! Ok now Rockie-Boston: Cut the barber dime in half. Mail half too Gumshoe and half to me ! Then all will be forgiven. Let us know when you've found the obligatory roosie. :cool3:

I vote that way too ! Ok now Rockie-Boston: Cut the barber dime in half. Mail half too Gumshoe and half to me ! Then all will be forgiven. Let us know when you've found the obligatory roosie. :cool3:

Hey, I put in over 100 hours digging in tree roots in mud season for rusty iron junk, and twice that doing research probably. I paid my dues!

Half of what's in the ground in New England is square nails, they don't tell you that.

Back
Top Bottom