Hunted a Few Abandoned Towns

eliochnb4

Hey Folks,

After years of collecting dust, I finally took the detector back out. I hunted some abandoned towns in the mountains. There were only a few foundations left, and in some cases I could not find any signs of the towns at all.

It was a pretty good outing. I snagged some old shell casings, a harmonica, what I think is a Model T hubcap, surprisingly found some 1940s military blanks, some M1 Garand Enbloc Clips, and an old military lock.

I will be hitting this area a lot, so hopefully I have some more items to display.

Good luck, everyone.

-Me

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg.

I am glad to see that you dusted off the detector. The place looks promising, and that has to be the most complete harmonic I've ever seen. GL&HH

I am glad to see that you dusted off the detector. The place looks promising, and that has to be the most complete harmonic I've ever seen. GL&HH

That harmonica was the first thing I found, and it is the first harmonica I have ever found. I spent at few hours in that area today, and only found an old nail and another enbloc clip. I felt like I covered most of the area, but looking at my track on GPS proved otherwise.

I would for sure think there would be some coins around, but nothing so far. Might take some patience to find whatever there is to be found.

Very cool finds, I really like the Model T Hubcap.

My 1st thought when I saw your pics: You're all over it. I'd be really pumped to get back to these sites because when I see old reeds, 20's hubcaps and clearly old head stamps what I'm really seeing is: Barber, Injun, Merc, Largie, etc. :lol:

Very cool finds, I really like the Model T Hubcap.

My 1st thought when I saw your pics: You're all over it. I'd be really pumped to get back to these sites because when I see old reeds, 20's hubcaps and clearly old head stamps what I'm really seeing is: Barber, Injun, Merc, Largie, etc. :lol:

I have pounded that area for the past two days, and I have found zero coins. The place is covered in old tin cans, and there are several areas that must have been the garbage dumps for the towns. It seems like there must be some coins, but finding them in sea of junk might be tough.

Back
Top Bottom