Not killing it....just keep finding..

Sven

Elite Member
Just keep finding clad.

Charged up the Blisstool V5 last night for a morning hunt before the heat set in with a blazing hot sun starts baking me.
Since most areas are pretty dry, not wanting to ruin any grass areas. Went back to a well hit spot where the ground would just damp enough
to make for some easy digging and the ground would not dry out. The place is a good choice because the sprinkler system keeps the grass nice and green.

This morning.
True to form, the sprinklers came on, the grass at my spot was still wet. The rising sun and warming heat soon dried the grass. Made for a clean hunt.
Ground balanced the V5 to perfection. Ran smooth with a nice stable threshold all morning. Used the 7x9 search coil again, which is just going to stay on this detector.

Since I haven't used the V5 in several weeks, as I was testing out the new Simplex coils, it did take about 1 hour to get back in the swing of things. So a lot of trash was dug,
just to get a feel of the audio responses between trash and good trash ( Canadian clad coins). Made for some good education today.

There are a couple things I can say about the V5, it loves deeper Canadian clad coins. Pretty much already cleaned the place of surface to 5" deep coins. Finding there sure is a lot more at the
6-8" range than I thought. The V5 just sees them loud and clear, quite surprised how many are dug at the 7" range. Noted all those pesky dimes came from that depth. The only coin that came from a shallow depth of 4" was the Toonie. It sounded like a large surface target. Have to remember that for next time.

Hunted from 6:30am to 11:15am, at that point it was too hot to continue, packed it in and drove home, guzzling a bottle of warm water. Yeah it heated up a bit in the cars trunk.
This was only my second hunt, the more I use the V5, the more I like it.

Attachments

• bliss finds july 26 2020.jpg
    bliss finds july 26 2020.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 204
Back
Top Bottom