• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first Seated

Chuck B

I got up early this morning to hit a park about 25 minutes from me but my back was killing me so I decided I'll take care of some stuff at home instead. I knocked that out and and noticed that my back loosened up, so I headed out. I got there around 9:30 and there were 2 older ladies already detecting by the playground so I headed out toward a fenced in basketball court. Inside the fence on 2 sides was a strip of grass, I hoped I might find some jewelry or at worst some clad. I was about 5 minutes in and hit a silver Rosie, not bad. About 10 minutes later I get another similar signal that got me thinking another silver Rosie. To my surprise it was a 1886 Seated dime! My First seated. It was close to the edge of the court near the pole for the hoop. (The picture I took was after I filled the plug back in, I was kinda pumped and didn't think to take it with it open.) I slowly did the remaining grass and managed some clad and a junk ring. I was only able to detect for 2 hours before the Nox ran down. I hadn't planned on being there long anyway. Needless to say I will be going back there with a full charge in the near future. Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_8782.jpg
    IMG_8782.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_8780.jpg
    IMG_8780.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_8781.jpg
    IMG_8781.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_8785.jpg
    IMG_8785.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_8786.jpg
    IMG_8786.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 433
Nice job!!!! I know how excited you were. They are such a beautiful coin.

good show. I like the land-scape-location shots, and the reveal shots.

Congrats

I found my first seated last week. 1887 dime. I know how excited you must feel. What a feeling

Congratulations!! That's so swell that that Seated was that close to the basketball court, the ones you don't expect are the best!

Congrats on your first Seated, Chuck.

I bought that same "Root Slayer" digger this year, but so far, I've only used it in my back yard and garden, slaying roots, and not while detecting :no:

Congrats on the seated, and right next to a modern basketball court. Just goes to show you, anything can be ANYWHERE, you just got to go for it sometimes. I would return, keep us posted if anything else pops up. Good luck out there!

You never know what going to pop out of your plug .. but that’s not your everyday find congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom