• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1915 House Starts Giving Up Good Stuff

TNTGross

Elite Member
Got permission to hunt a home in the historic Riverside area here in Jacksonville, Fl. So far I have only hunted the small back corner of the property. And, I have had some fun finds... A 1953 wheat penny, a Corbin Cabinet Lock, Co. Heart Shaped BRASS Padlock, and a HUBLEY TEX WESTERN REVOLVER CAP PISTOL with the LONGHORN HANDLE.

And the cap pistol still works great!!!

Hope to have a lot of other good finds from this place. I'll keep ya'll posted if I do.

Attachments

• Hubley Tex Western Cap Gun  Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. Heart Shaped BRASS Padlock.jpg
    Hubley Tex Western Cap Gun Corbin Cabinet Lock Co. Heart Shaped BRASS Padlock.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 594
Great start TNT. The lock is sweet and old toy guns are always fun to find. Sounds like a promising permission. Good luck, Mark

Got permission to hunt a home in the historic Riverside area here in Jacksonville, Fl. So far I have only hunted the small back corner of the property. And, I have had some fun finds... A 1953 wheat penny, a Corbin Cabinet Lock, Co. Heart Shaped BRASS Padlock, and a HUBLEY TEX WESTERN REVOLVER CAP PISTOL with the LONGHORN HANDLE.

And the cap pistol still works great!!!

Hope to have a lot of other good finds from this place. I'll keep ya'll posted if I do.

Nice hunt congrats

great finds! love those cap pistols. yours is in very good conditions. How many of you guys and gals had cap pistols? I remember mine. My mom/dad one me a set at bingo. Two cap pistols and belt and holster. The big problem was scraping up the money for rolls of caps.

Ever take a complete roll of caps and hit it with a hammer? Sounds like small firecracker. But kind of a waste of caps. A younger kids version of a cherry bomb which we could not get until we were older. Loved those cherry bomb especially when you threw one in the girls rest room. What a hoot. Today we would go to jail for cap guns and cherry bombs at school.

Guess what when we could take cap pistols and cherry bombs to school there were no mass shootings. This was pre-video game era.

great finds! love those cap pistols. yours is in very good conditions. How many of you guys and gals had cap pistols? I remember mine. My mom/dad one me a set at bingo. Two cap pistols and belt and holster. The big problem was scraping up the money for rolls of caps.

Ever take a complete roll of caps and hit it with a hammer? Sounds like small firecracker. But kind of a waste of caps. A younger kids version of a cherry bomb which we could not get until we were older. Loved those cherry bomb especially when you threw one in the girls rest room. What a hoot. Today we would go to jail for cap guns and cherry bombs at school.

Guess what when we could take cap pistols and cherry bombs to school there were no mass shootings. This was pre-video game era.
The good old days...

Great finds and in great shape that soil has been kind to them, first time I've seen a cap gun dug up that actually still worked. Congrats hope you find more!
That is the first one I dug that hadn't fallen apart and still worked. Hope to find the key to that lock and it still work. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom