Show me your Tootsies...

Nortonics

Elite Member
...and maybe show me your little metal cars too! :p

Alright, time for a Tootsie Roll-Call. Show 'em if ya got 'em...

Found these two together this past Summer - Red Jaguar Roadster & Blue MG Roadster - both in the larger 3" scale size:

Jag%20&%20MG%20Tootsies.jpg

The Jag has what appears to be .177 cal. BB/pellet hole ventilating it's engine compartment - nice red target don't cha know? I found this exact car, in the exact same condition (minus the hole) on eBay with the following description:
XK-120 Jaguar Roadster - Die Cast - 3" - TootsieToy, Chicago, USA - Original Red, mostly gone - one tire missing - condition: fair

For a generally higher commanding price of $12.98

The MG fairs a similar physical description (minus all 4 tires on mine, but does have the axles) and color match to this eBay auction where it too is commanding a higher price of $29.97

MG Roadster - Die Cast - 3 1/8" - Tootsietoy, Chicago, USA - hard rubber tires - Original Blue - condition: very good

They'll go back into the Goodie Bucket and keep their fellow kin company... :)

Heres mine!!!!! I believe it's a 1953 Hudson Hornet Club Coupe

Attachments

• camera 6-7-08.jpg
    camera 6-7-08.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5,743
hers some of my cars

there are a bunch of tootsie in the pics , and some newer ones , also i found this firetruck at about 5 inches and below it about a nother 3 inches i got the hubley crash car from the 1930s , 1st pic is of it out of the ground , 2nd one is after electrolosis for about 5 hours . i love finding old toy ,

Attachments

• grandkids 157.jpg
    grandkids 157.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5,651
  • Dave Bill 2307.jpg
    Dave Bill 2307.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 5,626
  • Dave Bill 2308.jpg
    Dave Bill 2308.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 5,613
  • grandkids 153.jpg
    grandkids 153.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 5,605
  • grandkids 226.jpg
    grandkids 226.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5,592
My three favorites, all found at sites after the houses were moved. The coupe is hard rubber(eyeballed) I refinished the Vette. The blue coupe must've been under a porch or something.

Attachments

• favorite finds 030 (Medium).jpg
    favorite finds 030 (Medium).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 5,531
  • favorite finds 032 (Medium).jpg
    favorite finds 032 (Medium).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5,554
  • favorite finds 028 (Medium).jpg
    favorite finds 028 (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5,600
Here's mine, found a couple of months ago.
A K880 Battleship, circa 1940's

Attachments

• battleship.jpg
    battleship.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5,346
Hers my one and only. The tow hitch disintegrated when I recovered it from the hole.

Funny thing. I havent seen another like it.

Attachments

• tootsi1.jpg
    tootsi1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,338
  • tootsi2.jpg
    tootsi2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5,352
Funny HA HA

OK, y'all had me on this one! The title caught my attention...... as I thought you were really talking about toes! I've never heard of the tootsie car's before! I thought maybe everybody was getting bored, and starting to take pictures of their toes to compare!!!!:lol::lol::lol: (I'm bored, but not that board..... but it did get me to look!)
GiGi

OK, y'all had me on this one! The title caught my attention...... as I thought you were really talking about toes! I've never heard of the tootsie car's before! I thought maybe everybody was getting bored, and starting to take pictures of their toes to compare!!!!:lol::lol::lol: (I'm bored, but not that board..... but it did get me to look!)
GiGi

Oh, come on GiGi, we want to see your tootsies! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom