Liberty Silver dollar??

MuddyMo

Forum Supporter
So I had a couple hours before it supposed to rain for two days. I grab my beep n dig (Whites classic II) for a quick clad hunt at a little one square block park I haven't been to in a couple months. Cool temps but humid as hell. Set the disc to only find copper/silver and 75% sens. Finding fresh dropped 1-2" deep almost all shinny, an orange dime and I get a solid hit. So good I can feel the vibration from the the tone. I put my TRX down but no signal (deeper than 3" if a coin) So I cut a 4" plug out with my little 1 1/2" trowel. The TRX then barely starts to beep. Thinking smashed alum can but remember thinking the same thing before digging a seated half! It's starting to sprinkle so I just start digging, pull out some dirt. I look down in the hole and see a shinny 2" round with lines pointing from the outside edge to the center! YES a 100 year old liberty silver surprise!! ,,, Hell no... A broken bicycle mirror with an aluminum backing. Oh well, I got out and found a little over $4 in clad. More than enough to pay for my gas. Such is life.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_201024.jpg
    IMG_20200729_201024.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20200729_202838878~2.jpg
    IMG_20200729_202838878~2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
That is HILARIOUS!!! Just another example of the YEAHHHnNOOOOOOoO factor! The first of two Morgan’s I’ve dug I thought was a can in the bottom of a foot deep hole, and I scratched it trying to pry it out. But yours...that takes the cake because it’s SO similar to those rays! Sorry man, that is a kick in the nards...:lol:

That is HILARIOUS!!! Just another example of the YEAHHHnNOOOOOOoO factor! The first of two Morgan’s I’ve dug I thought was a can in the bottom of a foot deep hole, and I scratched it trying to pry it out. But yours...that takes the cake because it’s SO similar to those rays! Sorry man, that is a kick in the nards...:lol:

Ssssshhhhhoooot:no:

Back
Top Bottom