My first Seated

Congrats on the seated, and right next to a modern basketball court. Just goes to show you, anything can be ANYWHERE, you just got to go for it sometimes. I would return, keep us posted if anything else pops up. Good luck out there!

Thank you. When I flipped the plug I saw the tell tale sign of silver but I could not make out what it was. I first thought a Rosie, I picked it up and tried to make it out but had a hard time w/o my glasses. I flipped it over and saw that it was a seated! I could not believe it. I heard that park was an older one but did not think there would be anything that old there. I went to it once earlier in the year but hunted by the baseball field and soccer filed. No silver then just a junk ring and some clad. As I mentioned when I got there on Sunday there were 2 ladies detecting, one with a Dues and the other with an AT Pro. I asked if they found anything and they said "yes" but no detail.

Big Congrats.....Have never found seated anywhere close to a basketball hoop...Way to go, you'r the man!

I was in the right spot at the right time. : ) I have not had much luck around Basketball courts in the past, other than trash. If I hadn't found that Rosie earlier I may have missed it.

man pretty coin. the year my paternal grandfather was born. i lived with him as a child. he lived to be almost 94. you ought to see what was going on that year. i always wanted to find silver coins of that date. never have lol.

Congrats, Chuck!! That Rosie would have been a big enough surprise for me around that modern court...but Seated?? That’s stellar! Looks to be in beautiful shape, too - well done!

Congrats, Chuck!! That Rosie would have been a big enough surprise for me around that modern court...but Seated?? That’s stellar! Looks to be in beautiful shape, too - well done!

Thanks AirmetTango. I thought the exact same thing. I had to look at it a couple times to be sure. I asked around and that park is old in some areas. Over time there have been additions like a few soccer fields. The area I was at was an older section. I took the picture of where I found it because I couldn't believe it would have been there. That strip had the rosie, the seated and a older junk ring. I'll admit there was plenty of trash in that area too. I hope to head back out there this weekend and check out some other areas of the older section. As I mentioned in the post when I got there last weekend I pulled in to find two other people already detecting. They concentrated on the playground and common areas. I chose to hit the b-ball court and surrounding area, glad I did lol.

Back
Top Bottom