• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Tootsietoy

TNTGross

Elite Member
This property keeps giving me surprises... I thought it was hunted out, so I put the Nox on Park 2, ran it up to 23, and swung it low and slow.

First find was a 1941 Merc that rang up like a penny 19-20.

Then, in a mix of iron 01-02, 06-08 signals, I was able to pick out a deep 11-12-13. When I dug it, at 5 inches, was a chicklet size tin snipping. Swung over the spot again and this time got a solid 13. At about 8-9 inches I found a 1911 V Nickle.

Heading back to the truck, I got a good 14-15 and at 4 inches I found my first Tootsietoy car. looks to be a late 40's early 50's style car.

Attachments

• tootsietoy.jpg
    tootsietoy.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 240
That Merc is in beautiful shape, and nice V-Nickel, you don't see those often.

Cool Tootsietoy car - I always like finding those. I'm amazed that there's still paint left on it after 60 or 70 years in the ground.

That Merc is in beautiful shape, and nice V-Nickel, you don't see those often.

Cool Tootsietoy car - I always like finding those. I'm amazed that there's still paint left on it after 60 or 70 years in the ground.

Thank you. The Merc is in great shape. Even the backside has good bands. You are so right on those V Nickels. Funny thing is, I found one the day before at a different property. Same year even. 1911. So two in two days.

The Tootsietoy could use some time in the body shop. That's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom