Big Sterling Ring

Lee1968

Elite Member
Today is my last day off before heading back to work from vacation. Up until now, my best find this week was a 1939 mercury dime. With the hot, humid weather, I got on Google Earth, and looked for parks with a lot of shade. I found one about 20 miles from my house I had never been to before. The only reason I went there was the number of trees to offer some respite from the heat, but I am glad I went. The clad was pretty sparse, only $4.73, but I did manage a 1942 wheatie, a big gawdy pendant from a necklace, and this very nice .925 ring. I was near a pavilion, with constant signals from bottle caps and pull tabs, when I got a high pitch tone. It took a minute to pick it out of the trash signals, but I finally got a screaming 27 on the NOX is one small spot among the trash. I dug down about 4" and out popped the ring. Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

20200723_142423 - Edited.jpg

20200723_142506 - Edited.jpg

20200723_142643 - Edited.jpg

20200723_101110 - Edited.jpg

The stones may very well be real ! Let us know when you find out. Ps I think a diamond tester is about 10$

Congrats on the big silver. The stones I’m guessing are not real.

Thanks! I was assuming they were not real, but I may get a diamond tester as suggested below.

Wow that’s a honker for sure, Congrats on that large sterling!

Thanks!

The stones may very well be real ! Let us know when you find out. Ps I think a diamond tester is about 10$

Yep, we are looking at them now. This has come up before for me, and I am tired of guessing! :?:

Whoa! That's a nice recovery, and a fun way to conclude your vacation! :clapping:

Wow what a sweet find! It may turn out alot $weeter than you dreamed. Huge congrats.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Whoa! That's a nice recovery, and a fun way to conclude your vacation! :clapping:

Thanks Princess!

The stones look like CZ's from here, but you never know! Fantastic finds!

I agree they are most likely not diamonds, but just for future reference, I should grab a diamond tester.

Wow what a sweet find! It may turn out alot $weeter than you dreamed. Huge congrats.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom