• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ring located and returned

Jodo_Kast501

Some family friends got in touch with me last week about a class ring that had been lost 10 years ago. They had gotten a metal detector and attempted to locate it a couple of times to no avail. They knew it was silver in color, but they thought it wasn't silver, so I figured it was celestrium. I knew it would be a little bit challenging as the ring wasn't that big and would probably ring up in the 40s. They fortunately had narrowed down the area where it was lost to roughly half of a medium-sized yard.

Got out there this morning and the iron was pretty bad. A lot of falsing, etc. But I was digging all solid tones 40 and up on the AT Pro. Got a scratchy but reasonably solid tone in the mid-40s, dug it, and out popped the ring. Took about 20 minutes to find. They were overjoyed and I've felt pretty good about it all day.

Thanks for looking!

dGEAh1Ql.jpg

9HgfDbvl.jpg

Last edited:
We absolutely love the Sherlock Holmes mystery solved by-an-md'r repatriation stories. Great Story ! Good on you.

I hunted a little bit after that, but had to get back to the wife and child and it started raining anyway. Always happy for a little rain after I've been hunting a yard. Didn't find much other than a couple of wheats.

Yep, last Celestrum I found was a solid 46. when they come out so big, you know they're a steel blend. LOL

I still haven't found the owner. Its for a highschool that isn't in our state (and I can't figure out which one it is...). It'll probably sit in the box forever, sadly. :(

Glad you found the owner!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom