Some people are just plain crazy...(Funny, true story)

Sadly my mother-in-law was also mentally disturbed. I met my wife when my roommate told me he had met a fantastic young lady but she had a real witch for a mother. She was pretty cute so when she dropped him I told him "I'd show him how a real man would handle this" and asked her out.

Turned out he was right.

Our second date I was stopped at a red light and got rear ended. She declared I was a reckless driver and told me to stay away. But no one tells me what I can or can not do and two and a half years later we got married.

I could tell stories about her all day but won't bore you with that much misfortune. She told everyone I was a drug dealer. She claimed I was gay but boffing half the women in Jacksonville. She accused me of breaking into homes.

She also did not attend our wedding. I for one did not miss her.

At the end she believed people were zapping her with laser beams. She wore aluminum foil caps and put booby traps all around her yard. She put flour on her floor so she could tell when people were breaking into her house. Then she would forget and walk across the flour and her own foot prints convinced her that people were actually breaking in. She called the police so much they asked us take her into our home. Hardest thing I ever had to do.

Life with her was so terrible it was funny. Anytime a medical person asks me if I am allergic to anything I answer " Penicillin, hard work and my mother in law"

She died 4 years ago and life has been much easier.

By the way our 38th anniversary is October 30.

Back
Top Bottom