A little gold and St. Benedict

Compass

Forum Supporter
Only been detecting once in the past 2 months due to the pandemic when a friend called and wanted to hunt a lake together. At the time I wasn't all that comfortable going out in public but I donned a face mask and headed out.
picture.php

Using the Nox 800 with my 6" sniper coil I quickly found a couple of small gold items- a gold heart pendant (spent a good 1/2 hour looking for its chain to no avail) and a 1.5 gram 14K birthstone ring.
picture.php

However, the most amazing find was a St. Benedict medallion encased in plastic which matched the shirt I was wearing at the time and my current avatar.
picture.php

I don't think it is anything special, maybe gold plated, but it sure was strange to find it! GL&HH!

Nice finds none the less. Is that a beach scoop you're using in the dirt ?

Good to adapt to the conditions and come home with the Yellow!

:dingding: Congrats the gold! The universe works in mysterious ways sometimes - that medallion find is proof.

:dingding: Congrats the gold! The universe works in mysterious ways sometimes - that medallion find is proof.
Thanks Felix, At this same lake I had, perhaps, an even more mysterious experience about 10 years ago. The day before that hunt I went to mass where I heard the parable of the mustard seed. I don't know what the odds were but here is one of my finds from that hunt:
picture.php

That is a mustard seed in the center of that token! :wow:

COMPASS!

Good to see your post.

Cool St. Benedict find. Very unusual timing.

Nice hat too! :cool3: ... you know who you support when you look in the mirror! :laughing:

R5

Congrats.
Thanks Metal.

Great finds! Love the Goldies.
Cheers
Doc
Thank you Doc, The gold heart pendant was found about 10 minutes after entering the water which sure made the rest of the hunt more enjoyable. :yes:

On the gold George , hope thing's are good in Ca , Earl
Thanks Earl, I'm sure things are as surreal here as they are in other parts of the country right now. Getting out to detect again felt good!

Nice couple of goldies there George, congrats!
Thank you Slim, Our lakes have been good to me this year. :yes: Haven't even tried the beach much in 2020.

COMPASS!

Good to see your post.

Cool St. Benedict find. Very unusual timing.

Nice hat too! :cool3: ... you know who you support when you look in the mirror! :laughing:

R5
Thanks Raider! Maybe people thought that "YVAN" was my name! :lol:

Well it looks like you finally have that area "dialed in" like I said, just take some time to figure it out... Like a puzzle.

Hope you are doing well and "KEEP SANDING..." :lol:

Well it looks like you finally have that area "dialed in" like I said, just take some time to figure it out... Like a puzzle.

Hope you are doing well and "KEEP SANDING..." :lol:
Thanks Sandcrab, I decided to take a break from the "sanded in" conditions and hit the freshwater for a day. A couple of people here know that I am building a canoe and have been doing a lot of "sanding" in the garage lately! :roll:

I like your earlier find of the mustard seed.

What type canoe? Strip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good. I set up the molds once and had the bits but never got it built. Did build a kayak in my teens that’s still around but it was ply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom