Going Nuts!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Going insane with this winter nonsense! Its -23 and getting colder. Looking out my front door, all we can see is a huge snow bank. We live right across the street from two pretty old parks, One of which produces a bunch of coins and some plated jewelry every now and again and the other one I havent been to yet other than a few minutes here n there. Spring time needs to hurry up!

Im in So. Cal. and I am tired of the rain and cold also, I would go crazy if I had to deal with -23 or any temp with a - in front of it. :pullhair:

I just my Nox and the first time out on Sunday it started to rain, If I would have had waterproof headphones I would have kept detecting.

:neo:

Id GLADLY take the rain at this point! LOL! Its one thing to have it cold outside, even snow, but trying to dig in the freezing cold temps, snow, AND digging in ground thats frozen solid... (under 8 inches of snow by the way..) makes ya realize your defeated LOL

It's an absolute mud hole here and still raining with an added bonus of a high wind advisory for the day. The Patriot was supposed to be here today, but the imbeciles at FedEx have somehow managed to haul it around Texas for 5 days between El Paso and Cypress. Now they say it will be tomorrow...I doubt it. Couldn't use it now, but I sure could sit and admire it.

You are not GOING nuts, you WENT nuts when you got addicted to this Sport! The question is just exactly how nuts are you? Some here are so off the chart insane, they will bag coil and bundle up and go out today! Some are moderately nutty and will dink around indoors by tossing out a handful of clad in the living room and see if they can find it all...some less nutty will be watching Youtube vids and hanging out on the Forums..The least nutty can be trusted...

Metal Detectorists as a whole are all about as nutty as a portapotty at a peanut festival, only in different degrees.:laughing:

Considering all the other Outdoor Pursuit oriented sports, this one above all others is about the most 'Year Round All Weather' as you can get!....

That said though, a guy gets to thinking about how wonderful it would be to chase the seasons and detect as much as possible year round in comfort...Migrate like the rich Golfers and other butterflies do...just gently flutter on down as the weather pushes..get up everyday and wander around some new area as the weather dictates....

. Like right now, with a howling blizzard outside, a guy would be more productive somewhere along the Gulf or east coast of Florida, SoCal or on the coast of the Mediterranean, or the Philippines, or Central/South America, the Caribbean Islands...

Heck, today I can imagine myself sweeping the Seychelle resort beaches, or maybe New Zealand, or Copa! ..Anyway, yeah, right now there will be No Detecting for me today in this howling blizzard....

Hell, I doubt even the ice fishermen will be getting out, as nutty as they are!...It will be nothing but snowplow drivers and linemen...Well hell, I may as well bag coil and go see if I can find a wild outdoors parking lot snow penny! I already found a buck fiddy clad in the living room this morning, watched a NuggetNoggin youtube vid, so I got the rest of the day to dink around on the Forum for the Nutty Trifecta!! Hell! Its not even 8am Eastern!..:laughing:

Last edited:
One of the reasons I love living in Australia...you can pretty much hunt all year around (that is if you don't mind detecting in 40+ºC (104f) heat). Snow isn't a worry for us...in fact it's rare to drop below 0ºC (32f)

Possible 6 inches of snow on the way today followed by sleet and freezing rain until Wednesday morning. In other words...a stinkin' mess to deal with. I'm targeting March 30 as my first excursion into the world of clad stabbing so the countdown has begun. if I'm lucky and it's a mild March I can maybe get out a week sooner. So….in the meantime (after taking one of Mud Puppy's suggestions) I'll be finding coins that were tossed onto the floor BUT instead of just crummy old clad I'm going to toss SILVER coins:mder: so that it'll be more fin when I find them. Just have to be careful they don't end up in the cracks.

State of emergency declared here in New Jersey. Live in central part of the state and as of now there is a dusting lol. These snowflakes and their emergencies eh

Moreso than any other lifeforms on this Planet in comparison, Human beans are very fragile and have no business being here in the first place... Outdoor Earth weather is generally inclimate at best and buggy at worst...Half the time its dark!

This Planet is a dangerous and deadly place for a Human bean!...Weather aside, we seem to enjoy killing each other every chance we get, as if Bears and Tigers and Sharks and Snakes, Hippopotomi and Elephinks and Crocodiles werent enough, a guys greatest threat is a Human bean? Talking on a cell phone in head on traffic? ...Then theres microbes and amoebas and even lectrical lightening coming down from the sky!! Just damn dangerous!

Human beans have a very narrow window of perfect temperature comfort...right now the gas furnace is wheezing full bore like an emphashmatic at a smokers convention....Even on a good day, considering all the outdoor dangers...How can a guy find a nickle in this kind of weather?:?: Beam me up Scotty!

Well, it is good to know that many of you are suffering too. Misery loves company. ;) My hobby now is snow removal. Probably clearing about a half acre here, with a little snowblower and a plastic shovel. Twice per snowstorm...which is every other day.
Now I have a major asthma flareup going on too(like MP's furnace). I just managed to survive putting chains on my 2wd truck tires so I can make it to the clinic. Their schedule is wide open today. They should be doing psychiatric evaluations on anybody that shows up.
Yep. I'm nuts too. Guilty as charged.

Well, it is good to know that many of you are suffering too. Misery loves company. ;) My hobby now is snow removal. Probably clearing about a half acre here, with a little snowblower and a plastic shovel. Twice per snowstorm...which is every other day.
I know what you mean about the snow removal, same here. :lotsasnow: :snowtruck: :D
Now I have a major asthma flareup going on too(like MP's furnace). I just managed to survive putting chains on my 2wd truck tires so I can make it to the clinic. Their schedule is wide open today. They should be doing psychiatric evaluations on anybody that shows up.
Yep. I'm nuts too. Guilty as charged.
Terrible weather lately. Right now sickness has gone right along with the poor weather. I have the most awful sinus headache rn... :sick:
That's too bad, I'll be praying for you guys to feel better. :yes:

We have gotten about 16-20 inches of snow between this week and the last. :cold::cold1::cold: :lotsasnow: :snowtruck: I took a few more pics of our backyard, lots of snow & lots of icicles. :D

Attachments

• Our Snowy Yard #2.jpg
    Our Snowy Yard #2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 89
  • Our Icicles #2.jpg
    Our Icicles #2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Our Icicles #3.jpg
    Our Icicles #3.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Our Icicles #4.jpg
    Our Icicles #4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Our Icicles #5.jpg
    Our Icicles #5.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
You are not GOING nuts, you WENT nuts when you got addicted to this Sport! The question is just exactly how nuts are you? Some here are so off the chart insane, they will bag coil and bundle up and go out today! Some are moderately nutty and will dink around indoors by tossing out a handful of clad in the living room and see if they can find it all...some less nutty will be watching Youtube vids and hanging out on the Forums..The least nutty can be trusted...

Metal Detectorists as a whole are all about as nutty as a portapotty at a peanut festival, only in different degrees.:laughing:

Considering all the other Outdoor Pursuit oriented sports, this one above all others is about the most 'Year Round All Weather' as you can get!....

That said though, a guy gets to thinking about how wonderful it would be to chase the seasons and detect as much as possible year round in comfort...Migrate like the rich Golfers and other butterflies do...just gently flutter on down as the weather pushes..get up everyday and wander around some new area as the weather dictates....

. Like right now, with a howling blizzard outside, a guy would be more productive somewhere along the Gulf or east coast of Florida, SoCal or on the coast of the Mediterranean, or the Philippines, or Central/South America, the Caribbean Islands...

Heck, today I can imagine myself sweeping the Seychelle resort beaches, or maybe New Zealand, or Copa! ..Anyway, yeah, right now there will be No Detecting for me today in this howling blizzard....

Hell, I doubt even the ice fishermen will be getting out, as nutty as they are!...It will be nothing but snowplow drivers and linemen...Well hell, I may as well bag coil and go see if I can find a wild outdoors parking lot snow penny! I already found a buck fiddy clad in the living room this morning, watched a NuggetNoggin youtube vid, so I got the rest of the day to dink around on the Forum for the Nutty Trifecta!! Hell! Its not even 8am Eastern!..:laughing:

Haha! Best reply ever! I feel we are getting to the level of nutty where we are ok with bagging a coil and bundling up.... I mean how hard can it be? theres only a few feet of snow out there.... LOL! Maybe once my Red Neck retirement plan comes through (One more lottery ticket I swear!) I can run from the weather and hunt in any state I choose but for now, we just have to get right with the fact that the closest find we're gonna get is on Youtube......:no:

I know what you mean about the snow removal, same here. :lotsasnow: :snowtruck: :D

That's too bad, I'll be praying for y'all to feel better. :yes:

We have gotten about 16-20 inches of snow between this week and the last. :cold::cold1::cold: :lotsasnow: :snowtruck: I took a few more pics of our backyard, lots of snow & lots of icicles. :D

Im ready for spring. We got about the same amount of snow and expecting more over the next few days. This aint cool LOL

Back
Top Bottom