Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine Out Of Print

diggin4clad

Elite Member
The March 2019 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine will be its last printed issue and from that point on the magazine will only be available in digital format. I'm wondering if this will be the first step toward disappearing like other MD'ing magazines like Lost Treasure, Treasure, Treasure Search etc.etc.

The March 2019 issue of Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine will be its last printed issue and from that point on the magazine will only be available in digital format. I'm wondering if this will be the first step toward disappearing like other MD'ing magazines like Lost Treasure, Treasure, Treasure Search etc.etc.

No doubt; that's the trend nowdays. At least I have bunches of old Treasure mags to look at in the collection.

Just got a early renewal offer from them

Still listing as home delivery for the next 12 month , just got both Feb. & March issues in the mail a day apart last week. Neither were in plastic bags for protection and a little worse for ware. Will now wait to see what happens I have a few issues left in my subscription.

That's too bad. I don't know if anyone else has the problem but I have a hard time reading anything in digital format. I can do online forums but anything of length seems to bother my eyes, that's why I personally prefer the printed versions of most things.

printed verses digital

That's too bad. I don't know if anyone else has the problem but I have a hard time reading anything in digital format. I can do online forums but anything of length seems to bother my eyes, that's why I personally prefer the printed versions of most things.

Me as well, I prefer the printed copy and keep them ,fun to look back through them. I just logged on to their site and sent them a request for information to see what they have to say about it , still have a few issues left in my subscription.

This is from the editor on page 15 of my March issue.

Attachments

• 20190204_205527_resized(1).jpg
    20190204_205527_resized(1).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,005

yes! i feel exactly the same way! curious as to how they are going to handle this!
i have many months left on my subscription,and have been a loyal subscriber for a long,long, time! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

yes! i feel exactly the same way! curious as to how they are going to handle this!
i have many months left on my subscription,and have been a loyal subscriber for a long,long, time! i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
They say that if you have a subscription you will be sent a seperate piece of mail telling you how to TRANSFER your print issues to digital. I haven't received anything like that yet so if it doesn't get here in the next few days I'm going to call them. No mention of a refund was mentioned. The print issues cost more, so in my opinion a refund of the difference would be the right thing to do.

Still listing as home delivery for the next 12 month , just got both Feb. & March issues in the mail a day apart last week. Neither were in plastic bags for protection and a little worse for ware. Will now wait to see what happens I have a few issues left in my subscription.
My January issue had no plastic and was in terrible condition....part of cover ripped off, magazine bent and corners all dog eared. I called and they sent me a replacement but it too was all crumpled up. February issue came in bent and dog eared and I didn't even bother to call plus it was two weeks late. I called and they weren't able to tell me when it was sent. Page 15 of the March issue makes mention of the switch to digital.

No doubt; that's the trend nowdays. At least I have bunches of old Treasure mags to look at in the collection.
Same here....I've got issues that date back to the 1970's. During the winter when there's no hunting I always pull out a bunch of them and read them along with the current issue. it helps pass the time until spring.

I can read digital print but I don't like it. I like to relax on the couch or recliner and sit back and read the magazine. I don't want to be tied to the computer in order to read the articles.

magazine

My January issue had no plastic and was in terrible condition....part of cover ripped off, magazine bent and corners all dog eared. I called and they sent me a replacement but it too was all crumpled up. February issue came in bent and dog eared and I didn't even bother to call plus it was two weeks late. I called and they weren't able to tell me when it was sent. Page 15 of the March issue makes mention of the switch to digital.

I haven't received information on how to switch over to digital either yet , my last 2 issues were in rough shape when both Feb. and March got here 1 day apart. I usally store all of mine in magazine holders for future rereading and try to keep them in nice shape. I doubt I will be renewing my subscription.

I haven't received information on how to switch over to digital either yet , my last 2 issues were in rough shape when both Feb. and March got here 1 day apart. I usally store all of mine in magazine holders for future rereading and try to keep them in nice shape. I doubt I will be renewing my subscription.
I don't think I'll renew to digital either. Like you, I store mine away and keep them in good condition for future reading. In addition to the articles I enjoy reading the old ads. A real shame that its come to this.....

metal detecting magazines

I don't think I'll renew to digital either. Like you, I store mine away and keep them in good condition for future reading. In addition to the articles I enjoy reading the old ads. A real shame that its come to this.....

Any idea on what happened on Lost Treasure magazine ? Went to their on line page yesterday it wasn't there .

printed magazines verses digetal

Before i retired at the end of 2017 I liked to keep a few copies of Lost Treasure ,& Western & Eastern Treasures at my work station to read on breaks and lunch when it wasn't nice enough to a lunch hunt.

There's a lot to be said for (good quality) print magazines, and it's a shame they're becoming a thing of the past. They magically appear in the mailbox and I can keep them next to my chair or in my work bag to read in chunks when I have a moment. Nothing to charge, no account settings, no passwords, and no notification to check my "e-library" because a new issue is ready to download. I have an e reader app on my tablet that is linked to a few magazines through my local library site. I rarely ever remember to look at them because they're less convenient...not more.

When I first started detecting I used to subscribe to all of the different treasure magazines. After several years I quit because they were repeating themselves. Through a misunderstanding with the manager, I lost a storage shed and at the time I had five stacks of treasure magazines each about five feet high, as well as numerous finds. I don't know what ever happened to them.

Back
Top Bottom