ABSOLUTE Coolest Cemetery Gate EVER

I dont get it? Why are there gates around cemeteries in the first place? Is this a Del Webb community?

Is this gate intended to keep dead miners in or live miners out? Sure I appreciate the artistics, but a guy has to wonder...How come miners are honored simply for dedicating their life on pursuing 'get rich quick' dreams and empty bottles of whiskey?? Why are they so special? How are they unlike a Lawyer or a car salesman or a politician?? Dirty Jobs! :laughing:

Its a cool gate though, makes a guy take pause to contemplate our misspent time here...I reckon one made out of pull tabs and empty beer cans is in my future....maybe with some Coinstar sponsored flaggage on Memorial day?:laughing:

I dont get it? Why are there gates around cemeteries in the first place? Is this a Del Webb community?

Is this gate intended to keep dead miners in or live miners out? Sure I appreciate the artistics, but a guy has to wonder...How come miners are honored simply for dedicating their life on pursuing 'get rich quick' dreams and empty bottles of whiskey?? Why are they so special? How are they unlike a Lawyer or a car salesman or a politician?? Dirty Jobs! :laughing:

Its a cool gate though, makes a guy take pause to contemplate our misspent time here...I reckon one made out of pull tabs and empty beer cans is in my future....maybe with some Coinstar sponsored flaggage on Memorial day?:laughing:

EASY answer to this one.. "KEEP OUT THE CLAIM JUMPERS" :lol:

Way back in the 1960s when I was a kid there was an old country cemetery way out in the middle of nowhere. The people who tended it (I guess it was them that did it) maintained it by killing off all grass and plants and mounding up every grave so it always looked like there were a bunch of fresh graves out in a bare dirt field. I remember being taken out there at night by some older kids for what they called a 'ghost hunt' - scared the jeebers out of me! I've been out there a couple of times in recent years. They've let the grass grow now, and no longer mound up the graves. I have hunted in the parking area outside the fence, and found a few things. There was a lot of parking that went on there - both of the funeral type and the night-time romantic variety (or so I understand!).

Back
Top Bottom