Nox800 vs deus

X35 9in on my Deus and it is way more stable and less chatter. Seems to handle emi loads better also. I would definitely take the Deus with the X35 coil or the ORX over the Nox for in land hunting.

IMHO,
*Coin hunting where there's modern trash, edge goes to the Equinox.
*Relic hunting older sites with lots of iron, edge goes to the Deus.
*Water hunting or swinging in the rain (most versatile), Nox
*Best target audio nuances, Deus.
*Build quality, Deus.
*Slight weight advantage, Deus.
*Most compact and easiest to transport, Deus.
*Ergonomics is subjective. I prefer a straight shaft mounted in the center of the coil, so Nox gets the nod for me.
*Least susceptible to EMI, Nox.
*Easier learning curve, Nox.
*Easier on the wallet, Nox.

was considering selling my 800 and getting an XP Deus. but Oh my gosh, you said the nox is easier to learn than the Deus? Say it ain't so. The 800 was a Bit*h for me to learn. I don't think I could go through another learning curve in this lifetime with a new detector more difficult to learn than the nox.

Thanks for the Compare.

was considering selling my 800 and getting an XP Deus. but Oh my gosh, you said the nox is easier to learn than the Deus? Say it ain't so. The 800 was a Bit*h for me to learn. I don't think I could go through another learning curve in this lifetime with a new detector more difficult to learn than the nox.

Thanks for the Compare.

Maxxkatt don't confuse difficulty with versatility. Like most new detectors today the Deus can be used right out of the box using one of the 10 factory programs and you'll do just fine.

Theres nine other slots available that you can use to make your own programs to suit you but you don't have to use them unless you get bored with factory settings or have just found too much stuff.

The Equinox is by far the best detector out there for the money. The cost of Dues coils is a real deal breaker for me.

Thanks for the Compare.

Keep in mind thats just my opinion based on my experiences. Others might feel like the Deus is easier to learn. The Deus I own now is actually my 2nd one. I ended up getting rid of my first one due to having trouble distinguishing between falsing iron and good targets. But after reading several helpful posts on the forum from members like TNSS, I decided to get another one and give it another chance. Glad I did because its a great detector IMHO. Just took me a little while to learn its language. As for the Equinox, I found it pretty easy to pick up on. Probably because I've owned 3 other Minelab detectors before it.

Back
Top Bottom