• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

!!!warning - be careful!!!

rizar33

This one needs NO EXPLANATION!!

And to think I used the tip of my shovel to pry the damn cap out of it's holder because I didn't know what it was!!!

This rang up as a VDI of 48 to 51!!

How the heck should i dispose of this??

Attachments

• IMG00263-20110403-1330.jpg
    IMG00263-20110403-1330.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 714
What is it other than explosive? Never seen one before. Is it one of the original gas thingies that go in a type of gun? Paint gun?

NO! Don't tell them! They'll probably ban metal detecting!

I think I'd dig a deep hole and rebury it. Did you find it in the woods?

It's a blasting cap! And yes, once again I have the popo coming to my house!! Second day in a row!! They are going to LOVE ME!!

WOW...It is better to let the police take care of those nasty items...they are trained and know what to do with them..we get things like that down here close to the Air Force Base sometimes...Buster...:shock:

Should get a Medal.... I don't see how this would look 'bad' for you... Who knows?...Maybe you saved some TOT from blowing himself/herself up!

Cheers,

Give it to Kolby.Hell put it in the cabinet in his living room:lol::lol::lol:

Only joking mate.

That took a minute to register.. I started to laugh a bit and then I realized you were talking about me :lol: I like to dig this type of stuff up but I never bring it home. I know that everyone is very worried but if you were able to pry the cap off with your digger than chances are water has already got into the powder. It doesn't look like it was sealed off well to begin with. Is it going to blow up just sitting there... no chance should you call the cops?... maybe. When I find mortars and grenades I just dig a 3 or 4 foot hole and bury it and sometimes we pile rocks on top.

Well, I'm glad you called the police, especially if it was at the school.

I had to look up blasting cap though.

Because they contain easy-to-detonate primary explosives, blasting caps are hazardous for untrained personnel to handle. They are sometimes not recognized as explosives due to their appearance, leading to injuries.

Doesn't sound like anything that needs to be messed with.

Well, I'm glad you called the police, especially if it was at the school.

I had to look up blasting cap though.

Doesn't sound like anything that needs to be messed with.

A blasting cap has enough explosives to blow your hand off.

When I was in the service I always got a little nervous when punching a hole on a brick of TNT, or military dynamite, to put a crimped blasting cap in the hole. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom