Update: 1727 House

Newblue

For those of you who didn’t read my past post, and to update those who did:

I went Sunday to a house built in 1727 with 2 acre property. Dream property. Owner greeted us, told us some history, and left us alone. I was afraid she would follow us around but she didn’t come outside once. I also asked before we began if we could keep anything. She said she only wanted to see what we found. We could keep everything. I was getting very excited. I brought my brother with me and we went at it. We found: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Maybe 3 clad coins. The rest was all junk metal pieces. What a bummer. Oh well. It was fun anyway. Sorry I don’t have a better update for you.

Get yourself a nox and hit it again I'm not knocking your machine I dont like Garrett's never did. I've used DFX for a long time pounded a local park with it got my nox went over same park with it and found a bunch of silver coins the DFX missed.

Last edited:
....I went Sunday to a house built in 1727 with 2 acre property. Dream property. .....

That is utterly crazy how people on the east coast can have barns and houses that date to the 1700s, and think nothing of it. But on the west coast, the ABSOLUTE OLDEST spots we have (that are big fanfare historic monuments) date to the very late 1700's. Sick sick sick :sissyfight:

That is utterly crazy how people on the east coast can have barns and houses that date to the 1700s

You’re partially right Tom. Just about every town in my area has extremely old houses, some dating to the late 1600’s but I wouldn’t say we think nothing of it. Most are historical landmarks with signs and plaques. And we detectorists only hope and dream we can land one. Unfortunately for me my dream house yielded nothing. So don’t feel too bad.

Had one of those properties about a month ago. Thought for sure the silver was going to jump out of the ground and into my pocket, nope, nada, nothing...

It’s happened to me before as well. You will find that most times fill was brought in at some point burying the good stuff to deep.

I would go scan the rest of the 2 acres! Gotta be some goodies out there, If you need help let me know! :laughing: good luck and happy hunting!

Just another example of how rare a "virgin" site can be on homes over 100 years old. I haven't found a true virgin site yet. I'm not worried so much about sites being detected before, more so with what grading/ filling was done around the front of the house in those 100 plus years. Any house that had they're porch renewed had the front regraded at the same home I've found. Sad :(

Tough luck out there. I guess if I had access to a 1700s yard, I would be very disappointed with those results, but not deterred(yet) from trying again. Maybe a do-over? "Third time's a charm?" If at first you don't succeed, try try again? Persistence pays? Keep on truckin'? :yes:

You jinxed yourself..

Every time, I mean EVERY time, someone posts a dream site, and says I'll let you guys know how it goes..

It goes nowhere except skunk town..

<°)))>{

Yeah, happens to the best of us.

A while back I got permission to hunt at an old early-1800s house, and the owner was really excited to see what I would find. I got totally skunked - just old metal scrap, not a single coin. It was embarrassing to show her my meager finds.

I think a lot of farmers back in the day kept very careful track of their money, and if they dropped a coin they FOUND it.

It's still sounds like a cool place to hunt, and maybe you can go back and try again. Good luck!

Here's my permission for tomorrow. Late 1800's. Small town. I'll let you know how it goes...

Attachments

• Resized_20200703_151523_copy_800x600.jpg
    Resized_20200703_151523_copy_800x600.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 171
Back
Top Bottom