Double Silver Jewelry day. Lots of digging!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Saturday, I went out for another long hunt (about 3 hours after travel time deducted).

Was hoping for some more gold. Bust on that one, but I did manage both a silver ring and a heavy silver chain bracelet.

The ring showed up when I applied the knowledge from last week's hunt to this week.. I looked for a tree on the side of the elementary school that wouldn't be "hit" by detectorists. Found two rings there. One silver. rang up a faint 82, and was about 5" down. Was fun to have that prediction come out well.

The second silver came later in the day. It was a solid penny signal (68 on the AT MAX), but I dug it anyway (as I usually do... I dig lots of pennies looking for silver rings). I was VERY surprised when I cut the U-shaped plug,and lifted it up. The Silver chain was all coiled up and just sitting in the hole! Looks like it broke and a kid maybe set it down, and then lost it. All the parts are there.

Personally, I think it's a butt-ugly chain, so I'm not going to polish and sell it. It'll be melted down and made into a couple of silver rings in my garage. Weighed in at 20 grams!

The ring came in at 4.

You can see there was a LOT of digging of trash today, and lots of pennies dug. I think there were somewhere around 45-50 pennies. It's hard to see that from the pictures, but I assure you, counting them out... they were there in the pile of coins! Overall, I made $8.76 plus the silver.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1171.jpg