No Silver or Gold But Pretty Cool

Lee1968

Elite Member
One of the reasons I like this hobby, is the anticipation that springs up when you get a signal. I went to a park here in Southern Illinois this morning, and was determined to dig a lot of those 18-24 signals on the NOX. I ended up with 33 pennies for my trouble, but also this little pin which came up a 22. It isn't anything special, but I like finding this kind of stuff. It is the second thing I have found in the past year related to Alaska. My clad total for today was $6.68, and I found a Hot Wheels car that lost its battle with a lawn mower. This pin is not a "great" find, but it is what makes this hobby great in my opinion. How did it get there? Was it dropped by someone from Alaska? These are the things that keep me going, and digging the next low signal. :D

20200805_124552 - Edited.jpg

20200805_124513 - Edited.jpg

That’s a neat find! Imagining the story is half the fun. One of those 24’s will be the winning ticket but you’ve got to swing to win!

That pin is a real sweet find. Congrats. And yes like you most of us enjoy digging little bits, bobs and tokens commemorating a small part of history. Its the cool factor when you realize it wasn't just a piece of junk you just dug. And alot of those treasures are in that 18 to 24 range on the Equinox. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom