I found a gold ring. NOT

benglert2626

Found this today and my heart skipped a beat for a second. I'm searching a grassy area that borders a very old cemetery. It's about three hundred feet long. So I'm plugging along and a get a signal but didn't look at the time. I just popped up the soil and I had no trouble seeing it. But I don't thinks it's real, it has no markings. And the feeling I had only lasted a second because I knew right away it's not real. I'll get a test kit eventually. Oh yeah that's my wife's finger, my hand. Second phony ring ive found. I'm getting closer to a real 14k one. I HOPE. Lol
5e236dd7689a390e4314e2f1af7b1bae.jpg
8b3a75f57eb8854c8f1f5663ba3eeedd.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

KT will only say this about this ring...it seems to have been worn for years....look at how thin the lower part of the band is...perhaps the marking have worn completely off?..could happen you know....KT would be taking it to a jeweler for an evaluation! You may have found your first real gold ring!:yes::yes:

Sure looks real. I wouldn't count it out yet. Is the only reason why you think its fake is no markings? Could be a few reasons why thats not there.

Good luck with it.

You might have the real thing there! Get the stone checked too.

I've always been leary of curbstrips adjacent to cemeteries. Did you catch any flack?

EDIT: I just realized you said 300 feet, maybe that's far enough away to not to cause a potential problem for someone.

Found this today and my heart skipped a beat for a second. I'm searching a grassy area that borders a very old cemetery. It's about three hundred feet long. So I'm plugging along and a get a signal but didn't look at the time. I just popped up the soil and I had no trouble seeing it. But I don't thinks it's real, it has no markings. And the feeling I had only lasted a second because I knew right away it's not real. I'll get a test kit eventually. Oh yeah that's my wife's finger, my hand. Second phony ring ive found. I'm getting closer to a real 14k one. I HOPE. Lol
5e236dd7689a390e4314e2f1af7b1bae.jpg

I've seen a LOT of fake jewelry over the years, and this one is iffy for me. No markings mean nothing for me, as my wife's $8,000 ring has none.

The thing that catches me off guard is the thin bottom of the shank. Usually junk jewelry is homogenous in size around the shank, because the metal they use isn't that great.

The fact this one gets thinner suggests it's a bit higher quality than the norm. Additionally, the stones look SET, rather than glued in.

The easiest way to determine if it's full gold (instead of plated) is to scratch along the shank corner. If the color stays the same, you've probably got the real deal.

I once found a ring that looked like that straight out of the ground. Polished and everything. I was CONVINCED it was fake. Turns out it was real. Probably lost the same day it was purchased. Absolutely no scratches on it!

Definitely get it checked out. You can take it to pretty much any box store jeweler (Fred Meyers for example), to get it tested. Don't take it to a pawn shop or place that will lie to you to get you to sell it for a few bucks.

Cheers, and good luck!

Skippy

Thanks everyone, I will definitely get it checked. I didn't catch any flack about digging. I work for the church that owns the cemetery. I don't work at that site but have to go on occasion. I was thinking before the road was built it was a dirt road, people must have and walked to get into cemetery. It dates back to early 1800's

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

For sure hard to say just going off the pics but looks real to me. The fact that it doesn't have markings doesn't mean it isn't real. Just hard to tell in the pics.

Back
Top Bottom