• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big Gold Ring, Best find so far!

Kansashunter

Elite Member
After a recent rain, I went back to a yard that I had already hunted over. With the Nox, got a solid 21 signal which in most cases I will ignore. This signal was reading two bars on the depth meter and was only 2" deep. I was completely not expecting this ring. Weighs 15 grams so close to 1/2 ounce. After cleaning it appears to be close to perfect condition. I have found gold before but nothing of this size. Gold on the Nox is never a consistent signal, I've had it come in at 6-7 all to way to 21. My new philosophy is "dig it all", but when you are in someone's yard you kinda hate to make it look like a minefield.

Attachments

• IMG_5989.JPG
    IMG_5989.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_5992.jpg
    IMG_5992.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_5994.jpg
    IMG_5994.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_5995.jpg
    IMG_5995.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_5996.JPG
    IMG_5996.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 702
I like the "fresh out of the ground / reveal" pix. Those are the "come to papa" moments :cool3:

Idk....does anybody else see the silver spots through that ? Cause I do....

Idk....does anybody else see the silver spots through that ? Cause I do....

Amazing how I completely overlooked that, even after staring at the pics for a good while. I think those spots are from the photography, playing tricks on us...at least I sure hope so. Looks otherwise solid to me.
Very nice dig!

Its beautiful! Might be worth an acid test, I also hope that isn't silver peeking through. I had a 15g gold ring up as a solid 20 so the number sounds right for a big gold ring like that.

Its beautiful! Might be worth an acid test, I also hope that isn't silver peeking through. I had a 15g gold ring up as a solid 20 so the number sounds right for a big gold ring like that.

I agree as well with the #s and the pic lighting. I hope it is real. But 10k , when I see pics like that , even with stamps inside : make me suspect.

I have no doubts on this being gold, yes the pics make it look as though it's plated but it is 10k gold. I will post other pictures shortly.

A good lesson to remember. Gold can ring up in many ways.

Last year I was asked to look for a lost ring at a 90 year old house. The house had been a brothel and speakeasy and in the 30s, Chicago gangsters were reported to vacation in the area and party at this house.

I made numerous trips to the house before finally finding the lost ring. I was told anything I found was mine so I kept hunting. Right before sunset I dug 2 small balls of aluminum foil, about 4 inches deep and about 6 inches apart. A foot away was another foil signal and I was too tired to dig it. I packed up and headed towards my car.

About halfway to the car I heard my late father telling me to always do a job right. I turned around and dug the target. It was dark now and I struggled to find the object. At first I thought it was a pull tab but then realized it was a ring. Because the stone was so large I knew it was fake and didn’t even knock the dirt plug out. At home I handed it to my wife and headed to the shower. When I got out she informed me it was 14K. The next day our jeweler told us the stone was a 4 carat natural blue sapphire and there were also 6 diamonds.

Definitely not aluminum foil.

Attachments

• 6004BA4D-7909-401F-8168-35454CB7FA2A.jpg
    6004BA4D-7909-401F-8168-35454CB7FA2A.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 414
I am on the Ringfinders web site and done many calls throughout the years. I carry an assortment of different karts, sizes and colors of rings to get comparisons. The last ring search I did, I was looking for a 7-9 tone for a 14k white gold ladies ring, and that was the tone I found it with. I am currently using only the NOX and I am very familiar with the numbers on this machine. This is not the first gold found with these, but I realize that a lot of times 10k rings will hit around 15. If a ring this size was silver 31 all day long.

Back
Top Bottom