Cancelled My Water Hunt, High Winds. Hit The River, Got My Gold Fix!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Sometimes mother nature just doesn't cooperate. It's too hard to search the waters with waves crashing down on you. Well, the river levels around here are dropping, so I packed up my prospecting equipment and headed to the river. Here are my results.

I sometimes dig up some interesting finds from the gold embedded gravel bars. I lucked out and got some petrified dinosaur bones and a nice piece of petrified wood..

Attachments

• thumbnail_D7F587C005A8413DABA57579984ED10A.jpg
    thumbnail_D7F587C005A8413DABA57579984ED10A.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 383
Pretty sweet. I always like reading your posts, always a diverse mix of goodies.

What do you call that contraption you're using to find the gold? Can you point a newbie like me to where to get one, and instructional material on how to use it? I go hiking and fishing on a lot of little streams here in gold country and wouldn't mind spending a few hours prospecting on the side.

Love seeing a pan with gold in it. Congrats on a successful outing.

I'm amazed you know how to find petrified dino bones. Must take a trained eye

Pretty sweet. I always like reading your posts, always a diverse mix of goodies.

What do you call that contraption you're using to find the gold? Can you point a newbie like me to where to get one, and instructional material on how to use it? I go hiking and fishing on a lot of little streams here in gold country and wouldn't mind spending a few hours prospecting on the side.

It's called a highbanker. It needs a water pump.......either gas or electric bilge pump. Easy to build, or, buy one. Just GOOGLE highbanker and you will get lots of results.

Nice pan!
Of course, you know it's always best to put something like a Mercury dime in the pan for scale reference:lol:

Back
Top Bottom