Never thought I'd actually find one

Call Me V

I got invited from someone in my church to hunt their yard today. Their house was built in 1925. Oh my gosh! There was so much clad. I found over 60 clad coins in the front yard alone, along with two junk rings, a part of a silver necklace, a button from a musical instrument, and a bullet. On top of all that I dug up 16 toy cars! I left them.

I did get 4 wheaties (2 from the 30's and 2 from the 50's).

But my best and favorite find was an 1895 Barber quarter. I was hoping for maybe a mercury or possibly a Washington silver. But a Barber!? That was unexpected. And it was only 5" down! It's really worn, but I'll take it. To me Barbers (as well as seated, walking, standing any of them) are only things guys in the YouTube videos dig up.

I hunted for 4 hours and feel like I barely touched the yard. There were so many iffy signals that I couldn't dig everything. But I'm invited to go back again because I haven't even started the backyard yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2249.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2250.jpg
    IMG_2250.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_2252.jpg
    IMG_2252.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 608
Very nice! That's a big reason why I try to spend more time on private permissions. Handful of clad, a couple of oddball finds, some old toys, a few wheats, maybe a few old nickels, and hopefully a silver coin or two. I'll take that hunt any day.

Great hunt. A Barber quarter is a great find! It was one of the first silver coins I dug. At the time, I had no idea how hard they were to find. I've only dug a few since. Awesome post.

Congratulations on the successful hunt! Sounds like you have a lot of hours left in that permission.

ATTAGIRL V sounds like some great hunting. Congrats on the old Barber quarter, in any condition a sweet find. Mixed bag hunts from private permissions always make for a good day. Good luck. Mark

great hunt. keep in mind most youtube videos don't show the junk because it is too boring and not worth the time to film or edit. But those guys find tons of junk just like the rest of us.

Sounds like a great permission! Congrats on the Barber quarter. I've dug one once. It's a special find.
Be warned: Back yards often have more trash than front yards. You may need a few trips at that place! Don't go when it's dry, though. GL & HH!

Back
Top Bottom